Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Battle of failed blue chip QB’s from Washington

2»

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354
    edited October 2023

Is Sam Huard "failed" because he couldn't beat out who might be the best QB in the country?

Not sure why he transferred to Cal Poly unless it's to build a tape so he can transfer again.

He's put a lot of muscle on and he's still a plus thrower.

Better QB than Morris, especially for this offense.

He is actually not better than Morris and morris is not good. Huard has sucked at cal poly also.
    Sucked? I don't know that he's been amazing but I've watched the condensed games and he's looked pretty good in all of em except Portland St.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soldl5aHqUw

He would have had 4 TD's and 0 picks in this game if his wideouts weren't dog shit.

He makes some really nice reads and throws all game. Yes, his comp is trash but so are the players around him. Morris isn't making half the throws and reads you see Huard make here.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Is Sam Huard "failed" because he couldn't beat out who might be the best QB in the country?

Not sure why he transferred to Cal Poly unless it's to build a tape so he can transfer again.

He is actually not better than Morris and morris is not good. Huard has sucked at cal poly also.
    Sucked? I don't know that he's been amazing but I've watched the condensed games and he's looked pretty good in all of em except Portland St.

He would have had 4 TD's and 0 picks in this game if his wideouts weren't dog shit.

He makes some really nice reads and throws all game. Yes, his comp is trash but so are the players around him. Morris isn't making half the throws and reads you see Huard make here.
    He’s getting his reps in during live games, who knows ? Maybe better coaching and better receivers improves his overall level as a qb. It’s in his Bloodline
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354
    edited October 2023

He’s getting his reps in during live games, who knows ? Maybe better coaching and better receivers improves his overall level as a qb. It’s in his Bloodline
    I agree.

I still don't get why he chose Cal Poly of all schools (aside from the HS coach connection) unless it's to be guaranteed reps so he can transfer out for a big QB role.

Look around the country and the QB play you see at 75% of schools is abysmal. His play on tape at Poly laps the majority of guys out there.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam

I agree.

I still don't get why he chose Cal Poly of all schools (aside from the HS coach connection) unless it's to be guaranteed reps so he can transfer out for a big QB role.

Look around the country and the QB play you see at 75% of schools is abysmal. His play on tape at Poly laps the majority of guys out there.
    Cal Poly is a really good school. Maybe he's actually wanting to play school if he doesn't have an NFL future but still wants to get reps and play.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Jesus, what was with Petermen and shitty qb's?

No one knew Huard wouldnt be the guy

Doogs thought him and Savvy Smalls were Jesus and Moses

"leveling up" to the Big Sky
    Listen we? Are idiots and our evaluations are amateur from 1,000ft up.

The Corches are supposed to be the experts and get paid millions to do this shit.

Petermen has demonstrated amazing consistency in picking shit qb's.
    I thought he was just a terrible QB developer but there's certainly a case that he can't pick them or develop them. Haener seems to be the lone survivor thanks to KDB.
    Haener also got buried while apparently having some real talent. Petermen is the reverse qb whisperer.