Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One unbeaten season since Gil Dobie

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
edited October 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Last night was why. Its that most wonderful time of year when teams start dropping like flies. UW loses that game 99 out of 100.That's college football

A teaching moment after a win. Hit the brakes on the awards talk and just get the rhythm back. These are in fact uncharted waters for the squad even if they are built for this.

And once again for those of you who said there would be some shitty weather night where the offense failed and the defense would have to come through - they did. In painful torturous fashion as is their wont.

I like this team. Just because the Arizona schools are better than Oregon is no reason to panic. 2-0 and never see those sand covered fucks again

Onto the packed partisan atmosphere of Stanford Stadium and #8.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW was just disrupting the norm last night.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
    haie said:

UW was just disrupting the norm last night.

Little too much playing for clicks
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Fuck that. Learn to tackle and run the fucking ball in your shitty weather home field.

20 yards rushing at home against a 1-5 team

This team currently has 9-3 written all over it
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,558 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Fuck that. Learn to tackle and run the fucking ball in your shitty weather home field.

20 yards rushing at home against a 1-5 team

This team currently has 9-3 written all over it
    *13 yards
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,455 Swaye's Wigwam

Last night was why. Its that most wonderful time of year when teams start dropping like flies. UW loses that game 99 out of 100.That's college football

A teaching moment after a win. Hit the brakes on the awards talk and just get the rhythm back. These are in fact uncharted waters for the squad even if they are built for this.

And once again for those of you who said there would be some shitty weather night where the offense failed and the defense would have to come through - they did. In painful torturous fashion as is their wont.

I like this team. Just because the Arizona schools are better than Oregon is no reason to panic. 2-0 and never see those sand covered fucks again

The defense won that game but man did Penix pick the right opponent to have an off night against.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,685 Founders Club

The defense won that game but man did Penix pick the right opponent to have an off night against.
    Not sure I would put that on Penix. It's hard to get a pass off when the DL is in your face in 0-60 in under 1 second.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

The oline is soft as baby shit

You all didn't listen

Huff lovers
    time bring back firehuff
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,455 Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

Not sure I would put that on Penix. It's hard to get a pass off when the DL is in your face in 0-60 in under 1 second.
    Penix as stand in for "the offense".
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam

You all didn't listen

Huff lovers
    I've consistently said it's usually elite in pass pro and soft in the run game

@GrundleStiltzkin
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

You all didn't listen

Huff lovers
    I've consistently said it's usually elite in pass pro and soft in the run game

@GrundleStiltzkin
    My dumb ass thought the OL had been pretty damn good this season. I was wrong.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam

Shoutout Meesh Powell an O'Dea walk-on from central district. He saved the season and has been great all year. So happy for him, what a moment for him and his family in his city. We need to get back to the Pete K coaching tree on defense, insane development story that kid is.

All year? I think he’s been serviceable all year and elite, as you like to say, the last couple games.

Either way, yadda yadda, better defense - agreed.
  • HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,958

People forget LSU scored 15 points to beat 6-6 MSU in week 8 of 2019, people forget that.

Huh?
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401110828