Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Race for Vegas fupdate

2»

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Still need Oregon to win. Fuck playing Arizona
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,010 Founders Club
    I’d rather play Oregon just for the chance at the Penix trifecta.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    You have to tweet out the requirements/tie breakers so that casuals know who can get in to your champion game but I'm told that this new non-divisional system isn't FS.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,621 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

You have to tweet out the requirements/tie breakers so that casuals know who can get in to your champion game but I'm told that this new non-divisional system isn't FS.

So the bigger picture FS about that decision is the CFP chaos scenario. Absent a Duck meltdown next week, this new structure guarantees an additional loss for 1 of the 2 P12’s CFP contenders.

You know who’s not taking an extra loss? tOSU/Michigan. Bama/Georgia.

FSU losing looking likelier without their QB, Texas still has Sark. If you get
    13-0 Georgia
    13-0 B1G
    2 loss B12, 1 loss ACC

13-0 UW is obviously in, but 11-2 Oregon won’t compete with 11-1 B1G or 12-1 ACC. At 11-1 they would have had a chance, especially based on how the committee views them now and with a chance for another quality win this week.

12-1 Oregon conf champ is probably in, and 12-1 UW is competing with the same 11-1 B1G and 12-1 ACC for last spot.

The conference conceded most of the chance to get 2 teams in with this shit.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    whlinder said:

haie said:

So the bigger picture FS about that decision is the CFP chaos scenario. Absent a Duck meltdown next week, this new structure guarantees an additional loss for 1 of the 2 P12’s CFP contenders.

You know who’s not taking an extra loss? tOSU/Michigan. Bama/Georgia.

FSU losing looking likelier without their QB, Texas still has Sark. If you get
    13-0 Georgia
    13-0 B1G
    2 loss B12, 1 loss ACC

13-0 UW is obviously in, but 11-2 Oregon won’t compete with 11-1 B1G or 12-1 ACC. At 11-1 they would have had a chance, especially based on how the committee views them now and with a chance for another quality win this week.

12-1 Oregon conf champ is probably in, and 12-1 UW is competing with the same 11-1 B1G and 12-1 ACC for last spot.

The conference conceded most of the chance to get 2 teams in with this shit.
    Great point