Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ryan Grubb

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Brailsford didn’t come in till the second half. And then he rotated with Hatchett. Landon ain’t ready. He looked like a true freshman and didn’t belong on the field.

Grubb is a hot mess. Inside the 10 play calling has been shit for two years. One yard plays are hard. The double reverse for two points is a fireable offense.

Penix looked uninterested in the game. Even when he greeted Meesh in the locker room he looked out of it. Did Dr. Feel good over dose him for the ribs?

Uninspired football. ASU had two weeks to prepare and gave everything they had. UW weathered the storm but Vaki could have 250 totals yards against this defense. Tackling must improve.

Yeah, I noticed Hatchett. What was the deal with that? Is Brailsford healthy?

The real question to me though is why does a 6th year QB not change his protection if he needs to.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A lot of what happens depends on game flow. ASU had nothing to lose, UW had everything to lose.

ASU gambled constantly and every time UW was about to get momentum something weird happened.

That being said, the OL can't run block.

4 turnovers in a little over a half is going to get you beat by most FBS teams
    2/4 of the turnovers were on Penix and I’m sure I could make a case that the tipped ball was on him too, so I’ll just go ahead and say 3/4.

Grubb called some absurd plays, especially the 3rd and 10 jet sweep and the bonkers 2pt conversion, but he’s a little absolved due to the shit OL play
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

jecornel said:

Brailsford didn’t come in till the second half. And then he rotated with Hatchett. Landon ain’t ready. He looked like a true freshman and didn’t belong on the field.

Grubb is a hot mess. Inside the 10 play calling has been shit for two years. One yard plays are hard. The double reverse for two points is a fireable offense.

Penix looked uninterested in the game. Even when he greeted Meesh in the locker room he looked out of it. Did Dr. Feel good over dose him for the ribs?

Uninspired football. ASU had two weeks to prepare and gave everything they had. UW weathered the storm but Vaki could have 250 totals yards against this defense. Tackling must improve.

Yeah, I noticed Hatchett. What was the deal with that? Is Brailsford healthy?

The real question to me though is why does a 6th year QB not change his protection if he needs to.
    I thought they were trying to bench Geirean because he was playing like shit. So moved Landon to center and Parker to guard.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    godawgst said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

good news is we have Stanford in front of 20,000 uninterested nerds to get shit corrected ahead of the gauntlet that is coming.

That is exactly what concerns me about Stanford.
    well true, but if we look like shit against ASU and Stanford we don't belong in the conference championship let alone the playoffs. So fuck it... let's go assblast them.
    I would say that if UW continues to trend the way they’ve been trending, the conference championship is a pipe dream.
    one game is not a trend my fren.
    we look like that against Stanford I agree with you.
    But is last 3 quarters vs UA, Oregon and ASU a trend?

Whittingham unlike Lanning and Dilly will run it right up their centers ass until we show we can stop it (we can't).

Watching last three games feels like seeing how far you can overfill balloon with air where it's just a matter or time b4 it pops. Imo there's going to be at least two of the last 5 where the obvious issues on both sides of ball are going to come together leading to a L
    I've always seen this team as a 1-loss team. But SC, Utah, and Oregon St. are all in play as losses.

This team misses McMillan. The guy hasn't played for 5 weeks. Offense has been clunky.

I think it's safe to say that UW needs all 3 of the WR's playing well to win consistently.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

godawgst said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

good news is we have Stanford in front of 20,000 uninterested nerds to get shit corrected ahead of the gauntlet that is coming.

well true, but if we look like shit against ASU and Stanford we don't belong in the conference championship let alone the playoffs. So fuck it... let's go assblast them.
    I would say that if UW continues to trend the way they’ve been trending, the conference championship is a pipe dream.
    But is last 3 quarters vs UA, Oregon and ASU a trend?

Whittingham unlike Lanning and Dilly will run it right up their centers ass until we show we can stop it (we can't).

Watching last three games feels like seeing how far you can overfill balloon with air where it's just a matter or time b4 it pops. Imo there's going to be at least two of the last 5 where the obvious issues on both sides of ball are going to come together leading to a L
    I've always seen this team as a 1-loss team. But SC, Utah, and Oregon St. are all in play as losses.

This team misses McMillan. The guy hasn't played for 5 weeks. Offense has been clunky.

I think it's safe to say that UW needs all 3 of the WR's playing well to win consistently.

Got to love that McMillan injury on a cheeky bullshit play in a game that was already over
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

The trend started with Arizona. My fren.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023

Penix was tight. Forget about the Heisman and just play ball again

I think he has a gaping chest wound that they're keeping quiet

wait, Penix was stiff?

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

gmo said:

The trend started with Arizona. My fren.
    The UW team that played Arizona would have blown ASU out.
    The word is trend: a general direction in which something is developing or changing.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Play Dmo next Saturday.

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Play Dmo next Saturday.

Ngata chance Jimmy. He’s still the heisman favorite. JJ McCarthy will not sniff the trophy
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

flaccid*