Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is a moral Loss

13»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Paranoid, bankrupt, and 7-0

that might be a great title for our pod episode
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We predicted the same final record, among the most skeptical 5-6 idiots on the bored. Did your opinion of the team improve? Were you expecting differently? For me they are still who we thought they were.

This team does one thing really well - arguably better than any other team - when operating on all cylinders. When that is off, they are the epitome of mediocrity.

I wanted Huff fired well before calling for Lake's head, even. This OL ain't near good enough. UW may not play on a muddy field anymore but if you can't run in late season Seattle weather you're going to have a bad tim. This inept one-dimensional nonsense has to go.

I agree but will push back to say we weren't one dimensional against Oregon. D Johnson had 20-100
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Paranoid, bankrupt, and 7-0

that might be a great title for our pod episode
    Sounds like I’m getting a shoutout
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We predicted the same final record, among the most skeptical 5-6 idiots on the bored. Did your opinion of the team improve? Were you expecting differently? For me they are still who we thought they were.

This team does one thing really well - arguably better than any other team - when operating on all cylinders. When that is off, they are the epitome of mediocrity.

I wanted Huff fired well before calling for Lake's head, even. This OL ain't near good enough. UW may not play on a muddy field anymore but if you can't run in late season Seattle weather you're going to have a bad tim. This inept one-dimensional nonsense has to go.

I agree but will push back to say we weren't one dimensional against Oregon. D Johnson had 20-100
    We also weren’t one dimensional last year with the same coaches. We had a ~900 yd back and Davis had another 500ish. I understand calling this a personnel issue caused by the coaches, but weird to say this is just what the offense is supposed to be.
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ASU blitzed A-gap on something like 75% of downs, simultaneously exploding the run game and throwing off Penix' timing. UW's sole adjustment to that was to start rolling Penix out in the second half. To which ASU said, "Thank you for taking half the field away for us; we'll take it."

Correction: Penix threw two picks and fumbled. The fourth TO was a Polk fumble on a rare attempt to make ASU pay for blitzing the A gap with a tunnel screen that worked until it didn't because we couldn't have nice things tonight.

UW’s last field goal drive looked to have better play calling and execution (aside from penalties). Rome had a nice tunnel screen that started off with motion in the backfield to get favorable defensive positioning. Not sure where the rhythm of that drive was all night (even if we couldn’t ultimately get a TD).
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Our interior OL is fucked right now, and it will be exploited until we fix it

Buelow please
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We have a winner. And now add in same weather road games in the Midwest late October/November.