Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to PDXDickFan

Comments

• Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    AZDuck said:

Sure

So that's the "after" pic? Oh dear...
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Sure

Huh?

What's not to like?

• Options
    AZDuck said:

Again, if you knew anything about this place you're posting, you'd know that Sven and dnc basically coined "doog" as it is used, and its corollary "quook." Clearly you won't listen to me as you are intimidated by my physique.

That a fucking neat story. I pointed out the difference between "Doogs" and "Quooks," however, and how they contradict each other in terms of a homer fanbase. Not once have I said Helfrich is the next Chip Kelly. I just don't have a temper tantrum when the team loses or plays a close game, nor do I mock posters who said they had fun at the Civil War last year. That was just weird by laxduck. It was a great finish and a great game. Reality isn't NCAA13 on beginner mode, yet many newer Duck fans, such as you, think it should be. To me, that's being a "Quook."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    you realize you quoted something stupid i posted in 1999 in this thread, right?

would it blow your mind if I told you that I was one of the first poasters on the Duck74 boreds and that I was one of the recipients of Steve's original email list before there was even a www?

/humblebrag
    /used to be a quook
    /steve's a good guy
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AZDuck said:

Sure

What in the fuck is that?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Again, if you knew anything about this place you're posting, you'd know that Sven and dnc basically coined "doog" as it is used, and its corollary "quook." Clearly you won't listen to me as you are intimidated by my physique.

Thanks for the FREE PUB! but I believe it was actually tindal22 who coined the term "doog" IIRC. I want to say he coined "quook" also, though that could have been Sven.

My greatest contribution to the HHB lexicon was "Typologist" which isn't particularly relevant any longer. I also listed Brian Kelly in a top 5 coaching candidates list once, which has proven to have a longer shelf life.

• Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Thanks for the FREE PUB! but I believe it was actually tindal22 who coined the term "doog" IIRC. I want to say he coined "quook" also, though that could have been Sven.

My greatest contribution to the HHB lexicon was "Typologist" which isn't particularly relevant any longer. I also listed Brian Kelly in a top 5 coaching candidates list once, which has proven to have a longer shelf life.

If only you had listed Brian Kelly.
  • Options
    Doogs and Quooks = People who support people and personalities associated with their chosen program to the detriment of the actual on-field success of said program. They also think "Beat Oregon, Nothing Else Matters" is a valid, rational thought (for Doogs, the inverse is true of Quooks).

This stems from the actual Coogs' "little brother syndrome" that our ag school brethren seem to possess. This is manifested in bullshit like "lunchpail," "blue collar," "scrappy," and "overachieving" when actually it just indicates an inability to sustain success.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Doogs and Quooks = People who support people and personalities associated with their chosen program to the detriment of the actual on-field success of said program.

Anybody who views an 11-2 season for any major FBS program as a failure is an Entitled asshole. I worry about the sanity of the nouveau riche Oregon fan such as FlabbyDuck, who thinks a BCS/major bowl game is a right as a fan. We live in a state with at most 5 great FBS talents each HS season, yet are the most winning program in the past 20 years of the Pac 10/12. Wake up, dumbass.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

Doogs and Quooks = People who support people and personalities associated with their chosen program to the detriment of the actual on-field success of said program.

Anybody who views an 11-2 season for any major FBS program as a failure is an Entitled asshole. I worry about the sanity of the nouveau riche Oregon fan such as FlabbyDuck, who thinks a BCS/major bowl game is a right as a fan. We live in a state with at most 5 great FBS talents each HS season, yet are the most winning program in the past 20 years of the Pac 10/12. Wake up, dumbass.
    HRYK

I support Helfrich
  • Options
    Marty banned me for linking to that on eQuook last year.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

Fuck Marty in the discipline hole with a rusty conical cheese grater.

upside down
  • Options
    So, let me see if I understand what PDXPenisEnthusiast is telling us-

It's okay if Oregon goes 7-5 (not next year unless Mariota gets hurt) even though we have had top 25 or better recruiting the past five years, probably top 5 or better facilities in all college football, the most football revenue of any Pac-12 school and in the top 20 nationally, and one of the longest-tenured coaching staffs in CFB.

Why?

Because college football is hard, and there aren't many D1 prospects in Oregon, and oh yeah, we used to suck, and we will suck again someday.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the south-of-the-Columbia version of owen12. The Willamette Valley Yellow-Bellied Quook, in full song.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I already said all of this in another thread in much less words. This is starting to turn into Tequila vs. Mobey, which is hot garbage.

Let's keep this board classy as Race (RIP) intended.
  • Options
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

He banned me for calling him Stalin.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Isn't the real question...did CrawlDuck die or not?