Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,826 Swaye's Wigwam
    He looked pretty good running onto the field.

But I get the sense he'd be one of those guys who would bail on playing in a bowl game.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    some would say he's faster than Odunze on a Bo Nix leg in that video.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,068 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I'll have to check with @bisonduck but I'm guessing lateral movement is the issue with alot of knee problems. I don't have my hopes up for him playing this week

Fuck you, buddy, and your 53 seconds.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

But I get the sense he'd be one of those guys who would bail on playing in a bowl game.

I don't know. I feel like he was a throwback because of his grandpa Husky fan thing and really actually bled purple. He also was pushing himself up draft boards with his play before he got hurt but definitely not enough to rest on what he's done.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,423 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good reporting
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,610

TheHB said:

I don't know. I feel like he was a throwback because of his grandpa Husky fan thing and really actually bled purple. He also was pushing himself up draft boards with his play before he got hurt but definitely not enough to rest on what he's done.
    I just want him to get healthy, the mental aspect of getting past a multi-week injury isn't fun either.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    Canadawg said:

I'll have to check with @bisonduck but I'm guessing lateral movement is the issue with alot of knee problems. I don't have my hopes up for him playing this week

Yeah, can't stop or start and have trouble changing direction without a lot of pain.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

TheHB said:

I just want him to get healthy, the mental aspect of getting past a multi-week injury isn't fun either.
    Put a brace on that thing.

Do they do that anymore? It may not even be needed for stability but could help his confidence hugely.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,610
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

TheHB said:

Do they do that anymore? It may not even be needed for stability but could help his confidence hugely.
    Good point. My guess is that he had a moderately sprained knee and should be ready to go in a week or two since that will be 5 or 6 weeks since he twisted it @ MSU.

I'm just really impressed with the WR corp in how they have performed without him.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

TheHB said:

He's a wide reciever not an offensive lineman. It would restrict his COD way too much.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,975
    Good. We didn't need his future NFL starter caliber receiving skills against Oregon. Better to play it safe and have him be healthy when we play an actually good defense.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

HFNY said:

TheHB said:

He's a wide reciever not an offensive lineman. It would restrict his COD way too much.
    Nah not necessarily true.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,843 Swaye's Wigwam

He can come back next year and be a first round selection. As stupid as it sounds NIL money is no fucking joke

He wouldn’t consider w/out a stud QB.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 825 Founders Club

He can come back next year and be a first round selection. As stupid as it sounds NIL money is no fucking joke

You think Deboer won’t reload?

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,843 Swaye's Wigwam
    RTD said:

You think Deboer won’t reload?

One can only hope. You’d think kids were smart and the portal bag will be big but until it is it isn’t.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam

If he doesn't play a couple more games it might be the difference between staying or leaving. Also might depend on how successful the season is. A NY6 game win might be enough to feel like he's won something