Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For the record

2»

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Well, guess I'll piss in the purple punch bowl a bit.

One of the most embarrassing facts about UW football I recall is: Dwags have never scored 35 points against USC. 30 points? 3 tims in 85 games over 100+ years. Pathetic. FFS, never?! That shit has to end. And I know we? have never had a QB like Penix, but ignoring UW history vs Trooj is fucking retarded.

Teams on second consecutive road gayme typically play poorly. UW has tons of history of stepping on their own dick at USC; its like half the udub roster is too concerned with seeing friends and family in LA. USC has equally high amounts of history of stepping up in big games - even '91 was only a 14-3 win over 3-8 USC team...and anyone thinking current UW D is better than mediocre is kidding themselves.

#thescript says UW plays like dogshit against Tree or Troy, not both. Also, if USC beats a top 5 UW, they will definitely get boat raced the following weekend in Eugene. Just avoid the subsequent loss to Beav and CCG and probably even Playoff is still within Husky reach. Start of year I'd have ranked most likely losses as USC, OSU, UO. Not quite ready to move Beavlet to top of list.

I ain't worried about a home Apple Cup to close out this Pac-12 shit-show, lol. Cuog 6-44 vs AZ in Pullman is gonna bring me joy for months.

It’s been 40 hours of boner but now it’s gone.

You saved me a trip to the doctor.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,279 Swaye's Wigwam
    Ranking games in the second half:

1. at Oregon State
    2. at USC
    3. Utah
    4. Washington State
    5. at Stanford
    6. Arizona State

I get emotions will be high for WSU. I just don't see them having the guys to do it this year versus UW's guys barring injuries or a bunch of flukes. A hypothetical rematch with Oregon in the championship game would trump all this.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

SC has has big internal problems. Who knows the loss may actually help them. They play desperate. Riley doesn’t look right on the sidelines. Williams has to be perfect every game. For some reason the SC game just doesn’t seem very worrisome.

Last Apple Cup. Cougs absolutely hate the Huskies. Will come in with nothing to lose attitude. Ward won’t suck the rest of the way.

Canadawg said:

Wazzu at home is harder than Oregon at home? Reser might be funky but SC is way more losable playing down in the ghetto than Wazzu at home

I think cuog always comes into the Apple Cup with hatred on their minds and nothing to lose -- except for the years where they do have something to lose.

And UW still beats their ass.

This year will be no different.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,942 Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

SC has has big internal problems. Who knows the loss may actually help them. They play desperate. Riley doesn’t look right on the sidelines. Williams has to be perfect every game. For some reason the SC game just doesn’t seem very worrisome.

Last Apple Cup. Cougs absolutely hate the Huskies. Will come in with nothing to lose attitude. Ward won’t suck the rest of the way.

Canadawg said:

Wazzu at home is harder than Oregon at home? Reser might be funky but SC is way more losable playing down in the ghetto than Wazzu at home

They did the same thing last year and we? still won by 20.
    Nothing changed with the cuogs. Same team as last year. They had UW at their own arena last year and really only made it interesting for a half.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,978

jecornel said:

Canadawg said:

This is a load of mushy nonsense. USC looks like shit, but that's still a team with talent that can rise to the occasion in any given game. That's why they're always fucking dangerous.

WSU just lost 44-6. At home. Their last three wins in the series are against Jimmy Lake's Sam Huard hail mary start, Sark's epic 4th quarter blunder, and Ty's swan song en route to 0-12.

"Will come in with nothing to lose attitude" - what the fuck does that even mean? Do they ascend to a higher spiritual plane and tap into a reserve of motivation that other mortal non-relegated P5 teams simply don't have access to? We'll boat race them like we always fucking do. The last good Husky team they beat was in 1982.
    Word. Most overused line in the college football prediction business. I suppose it helps shitty teams play looser as they're getting their shit pushed in.

chuck said:

jecornel said:

Canadawg said:

Nothing changed with the cuogs. Same team as last year. They had UW at their own arena last year and really only made it interesting for a half.
    I have a sneaking suspicion the Cougs don't care about the Apple Cup as much as they used to. Very few instate players anymore. A lot of in and out in 1-2-year transfers. It's not like Oregon where there are a lot of guys recruited by both schools and no recent true bad blood or back and forth.
    I think what you're saying is rampant now. The players hear about the rivalries from the media and overwrought fans screaming shit at them. Aside from that most of them don't know and don't care.

chuck said:

jecornel said:

Canadawg said:

I have a sneaking suspicion the Cougs don't care about the Apple Cup as much as they used to. Very few instate players anymore. A lot of in and out in 1-2-year transfers. It's not like Oregon where there are a lot of guys recruited by both schools and no recent true bad blood or back and forth.
    Nah. It's part of the curriculum at cuog. It starts as early as orientation for high school juniors seeking a college. I went with my daughter and the president -- the actual fucking president of the university -- led the auditorium in a "Huskies suck" chant. I kid you not.

Maybe if the Apple Cup were played in September, some of the newer players wouldn't quite "be there" yet. But with a full season under their belt, the hatred -- based on petty jealousy and brainwashing -- is universal. Cuog hate Huskies.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,368 Swaye's Wigwam
    What's the best UW team either OSU or WSU have beaten?
    Canadawg said:

What's the best UW team either OSU or WSU have beaten?

OSU beat Huge Mellon in 1985 as a 38-point underdog, but UW ended the season 7-5.
    WSU beat UW in 1982 and spoiled Huskies' trip to Rose Bowl. UW was ranked No. 5 at the time.
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 72
    The beav is a textbook trap game. Might be the only one that concerns me the rest of the way.

The beav is a textbook trap game. Might be the only one that concerns me the rest of the way.

I don't think it is. OSU is too good to set a trap. The only game that worries me in the slightest is the next one. Sounds silly, but after the emotion of Saturday and the body count, I can see UW coming out really flat and having to work harder than it should to win.

I don't see it as a trap either. OSU is learning to play offense a little bit. DJ uglawhatever might be settling in and he's a big, mobile guy with an arm.

My concern is that OSU is just good enough to give UW a serious test on their home field.

On the other hand, OSU is thin compared to most good teams, and seem to peak before they play UW in most years, drop a bit, then get back up for Oregon.

I expect a hard fought, 2 score win with UW scoring in the low 30s.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,777 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I don't see it as a trap either. OSU is learning to play offense a little bit. DJ uglawhatever might be settling in and he's a big, mobile guy with an arm.

My concern is that OSU is just good enough to give UW a serious test on their home field.

On the other hand, OSU is thin compared to most good teams, and seem to peak before they play UW in most years, drop a bit, then get back up for Oregon.

I expect a hard fought, 2 score win with UW scoring in the low 30s.
    Greenville superiority guy weighing in, DJ sucks.
    TheHB said:

I don't think it is. OSU is too good to set a trap. The only game that worries me in the slightest is the next one. Sounds silly, but after the emotion of Saturday and the body count, I can see UW coming out really flat and having to work harder than it should to win.
    Fuck