Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How long can we keep DeBoer?

13»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Top 25 Highest Paid
    Nick Saban
    Alabama
    $11.4M
    Dabo Swinney
    Clemson
    $10.9M
    Kirby Smart
    Georgia
    $10.7M
    Ryan Day
    Ohio State
    $10.3M
    Mel Tucker*
    Michigan State
    $10M
    Lincoln Riley
    USC
    estimated $10M
    Brian Kelly
    LSU
    $9.9M
    Jimbo Fisher
    Texas A&M
    $9.1M
    Mark Stoops
    Kentucky
    $9.01M

Josh Heupel
    Tennessee
    $9M
    Lane Kiffin
    Mississippi
    $9M
    James Franklin
    Penn State
    $8.5M
    Jim Harbaugh
    Michigan
    $8.3M
    Mario Cristobal
    Miami
    reported $8M
    Luke Fickell
    Wisconsin
    $7.6M
    Mike Gundy
    Oklahoma State
    $7.6M
    Mike Norvell
    Florida State
    $7.3M
    Billy Napier
    Florida
    $7.3M
    Brent Venables
    Oklahoma
    $7.1M
    Kirk Ferentz
    Iowa
    $7M
    Dan Lanning
    Oregon
    $6.6M
    Hugh Freeze
    Auburn
    $6.5M
    Bret Bielema
    Illinois
    $6.5M
    Sam Pittman
    Arkansas
    $6.4M
    Kyle Whittingham
    Utah
    $6.3M

Deboer needs to get at least 7.5 next year up to 9 or so and a top 20 NIL income for players. Dannan better have Folgers at the office

#myWildcats are so dumb. Top 10 pay for top 40 results.
    Stoops must have Sark's agent
    Said this the other day, he’s the best they’ve had but he’s not the best or even close to it.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HonestDon said:

"We" gotta keep his staff as well. Budget is going to have to go WAY up to keep Grubb and gang.

Grubb can go.
    Grubb CAN go—anywhere he wants. He turned down Saban and Aggie after one year at Washington. The OC hate on here is so funny. I remember when J Smitty was public enemy #1 on here for like three years. Then it was “Chris Peterson’s offense” in the crosshairs. I wonder what the reaction would be if UW had the best offense in the country? Oh wait, we? do and the reaction is “Grubb can go” lol.

I encourage you to develop some perspective. Grubb is a throat slitter. That’s our? identity. Easy to look back and say AT THIS EXACT POINT IN THE GAME WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CONSERVATIVE AND RUN THE BALL (taking it out of the hands of a generational QB). UW will be lucky to keep Grubb for 2-3 more seasons. I look forward to the HH hate heaped on his successor.

They’d already game planned to give Dillon a lot of carries, there would be no change of approach necessary.

There’s also screen passes and rollouts, high percentage passes to get yards and keep the clock rolling.

If UW loses that game Grubb is getting put through the ringer on a national level.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This is just a hunch. But DeBoer played a big role in selecting and hiring Dannen. DeBoer strikes me as someone who recognizes the value of a good situation with good people and and wouldn't be overcome with ambition to lead Michigan or Alabama necessarily. As Don James said, when he asked around the country about the UW job, people said UW was one of about 15 jobs in the nation where you could achieve all your ambitions as a coach, including a natty. it still applies today as long as UW doesn't trip on its own dick.

luckily for us we dont have a long history of doing that
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

This is just a hunch. But DeBoer played a big role in selecting and hiring Dannen. DeBoer strikes me as someone who recognizes the value of a good situation with good people and and wouldn't be overcome with ambition to lead Michigan or Alabama necessarily. As Don James said, when he asked around the country about the UW job, people said UW was one of about 15 jobs in the nation where you could achieve all your ambitions as a coach, including a natty. it still applies today as long as UW doesn't trip on its own dick.

luckily for us we dont have a long history of doing that
    Gotta have a gargantuan dick to trip on it though and that’s pretty cool. I’m a glass half full type of fan.