Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where is the screen game?

2»

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club
    gmo said:

in game chat i was commenting how I love it when we are throwing to DJ (I like to call him that)... I agree we should be using his hands more, he has great ones.

And great vision once he has the ball.
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 350

If there's something that I would knock Grubb on it's that we don't seem to adjust play-calling based on what is/isn't working. You saw it yesterday and you saw it against Texas last year as well.

Both of those games were against teams that had way above average defensive talent relative to the other teams on our schedule. In both of those games our O Line held up pretty well but the front 7 of both Texas and Oregon were effective in speeding up Penix and getting hands in passing lanes. They were table to be aggressive and we didn't adjust at all to make them pay for it.

I love Grubb but we're going to lose a big game because of it at some point.

bump
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

If there's something that I would knock Grubb on it's that we don't seem to adjust play-calling based on what is/isn't working. You saw it yesterday and you saw it against Texas last year as well.

Both of those games were against teams that had way above average defensive talent relative to the other teams on our schedule. In both of those games our O Line held up pretty well but the front 7 of both Texas and Oregon were effective in speeding up Penix and getting hands in passing lanes. They were table to be aggressive and we didn't adjust at all to make them pay for it.

I love Grubb but we're going to lose a big game because of it at some point.

We lost the ASU game because Grubb refused to call a screen until the 2nd half