Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fuck You Gavin

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,160 Founders Club

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    Relaxing drug rules is not exactly working out well in many cases, outside of weed.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,715 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2023

Relaxing drug rules is not exactly working out well in many cases, outside of weed.

The edible consumed last night was very relaxing.

Big pharma doesn't want shrooms legalized. Way too much money in anti-depressants. Gavin just secured a nice little contribution from their PAC.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,160 Founders Club
    edited October 2023

Big pharma doesn't want shrooms legalized. Way too much money in anti-depressants. Gavin just secured a nice little contribution from their PAC.

Exactly this.

I was on the psychopharmacological cocktail in my early 20’s. Figured out I wasn’t actually crazy and stopped cold turkey.

Micro-dosing psilocybin is by far the best anti depressant I’ve ever taken. In a league by its self. $150 per year, max.

There is no doubt in my mind the use of psychedelics would cure a countless number of issues in the US. Starting with suicide rates of veterans and opiate addiction in our streets.

Recommend documentaries From Shock to Awe and Dosed as a primer to that discussion.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    pawz said:

Exactly this.

I was on the psychopharmacological cocktail in my early 20’s. Figured out I wasn’t actually crazy and stopped cold turkey.

Micro-dosing psilocybin is by far the best anti depressant I’ve ever taken. In a league by its self. $150 per year, max.

There is no doubt in my mind the use of psychedelics would cure a countless number of issues in the US. Starting with suicide rates of veterans and opiate addiction in our streets.

Recommend documentaries From Shock to Awe and Dosed as a primer to that discussion.

There's a difference between medical uses and letting stuff flow on the streets without penalty. You can't tell me that the West Coast decriminalizing everything has been a net positive.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,160 Founders Club

pawz said:

Exactly this.

There's a difference between medical uses and letting stuff flow on the streets without penalty. You can't tell me that the West Coast decriminalizing everything has been a net positive.
    I would argue that it’s not simply the decriminalization of drugs that fucked up the west coast, but the decriminalization of all the other bad behavior. CHOP/CHAZ-light of the urban streets.

For a long time Amsterdam had managed to legalize drugs and keep their streets free of the scourge we see today here.

Simply, people in the street can and must be held accountable for bad behavior, then in my mind are free to do whatever drug suits their fancy.

IMHO

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,703 Founders Club

I know some very conservative women who are microdosing mushrooms now. It's also good for the golf game.

pawz said:

Exactly this.

I agree with your premise but I'm telling you psilocybin, even larger quantities, is nowhere close to as dangerous as alcohol.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,483 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, decriminalization of opiates known to ruin people, probably not good.

Decriminalization of psilocybin? Harmless unless you have a vested interest in pharma profits.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,323

Decriminalization of psilocybin? Harmless unless you have a vested interest in pharma profits.

So there are no side effects?
    Goduckies said:

So there are no side effects?
    None, long term that I'm aware of. Taken in small doses say half stem and half cap or a ground up powder pill, color is more vivid, sound is more clear. It enhances focus and there's a general feeling of happiness. Taken in larger doses, there can be some hallucinogenic experience (like seeing static objects move in wave-like motion) but one seems to be in full awareness of what's really happening. Other psychedelics can put one into a state of non-awareness of reality. I was at a Dead show once when a friend took too much LSD and he thought he was Jesus Christ so he gave away everything he had with him including his clothes. He was just walking around Autzen stadium naked and unaware of his surroundings. He was fine a few hours later.