Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Future Schedule ANALysis

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I went to the Rutgers game in 2017. I was there to see Jake Browning almost murdered on the first play from scrimmage.

Getting to the gayme was interesting from NYC, and not nearly as smooth as anticipated. Granted it was a Friday night on a holiday weekend (Penn Station was a zoo), but still. Getting back to where I was staying in Brooklyn took 2-3 hours, most of that waiting for the train / subway. The train ride isn't nearly as fast as you'd imagine.

The drive from the beach to Rutgers was nice and easy. I try to avoid the disease ridden crime tubes in NYC whenever possible.
    You sound like a scared bitch.

Taking the subway around New York from spot to spot is ace.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I went to the Rutgers game in 2017. I was there to see Jake Browning almost murdered on the first play from scrimmage.

Getting to the gayme was interesting from NYC, and not nearly as smooth as anticipated. Granted it was a Friday night on a holiday weekend (Penn Station was a zoo), but still. Getting back to where I was staying in Brooklyn took 2-3 hours, most of that waiting for the train / subway. The train ride isn't nearly as fast as you'd imagine.

The drive from the beach to Rutgers was nice and easy. I try to avoid the disease ridden crime tubes in NYC whenever possible.
    Yeah I'd do the same next tim.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I choked a guy out on the subway
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Is there a lower res version of this available somewhere?
    @YellowSnow what say you hi res superiority guy?
    I like to objectify women (or dudes) in high res. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Is there a lower res version of this available somewhere?
    @YellowSnow what say you hi res superiority guy?
    I like to objectify women (or dudes) in high res. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Still a little concerned about objectifying the tranny but who am I to judge.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

I choked a guy out on the subway
    But did you get HEP-C? That’s what I thought.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    whlinder said:

I hope the B1G or the schools themselves will figure out a way to stay on the east coast or in the midwest on back to back weeks. Pretty basic solution to making the travel easier, giving TV the games they want and not impacting school.
    With UW always starting classes so late, seems like a no-brainer to do something like:

At Penn State Sat 9/14
    At Iowa Friday 9/20

example since neither one has a non-con game on those weekends, but would make more sense to pair 2 of PSU/Rutgers/Indiana if non-con games could be moved around. Puts games in the Friday slot that is going to have to be filled.

I hadn't realized that we've played Cuog and Quook the same number of times (114 as of today). Quook will leave Cuog behind unless Cuog agrees to keep playing annually.

Dan Raley sez we hosted both LA schools in the same season in 1985 and 1990. I didn't audit that.

All I Saw Was Purple

Fuck you Mark Brunell
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love how Rutgers and Maryland had to be protected rivals to reduce how much everyone else has to play them

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023

No it’s not. I took the subway in LA sometimes for convenience and to skip traffic. It still sucks being around homeless crackheads.

It’s been awhile since I went to NY, but I imagine it’s somewhat similar.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

I recommend staying in Newark or Camden. Both world class cities!
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well Newark is home to Prudential Financial’s HQs while Camden is the home to both Campbell Foods and Subaru of America.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

No it’s not. I took the subway in LA sometimes for convenience and to skip traffic. It still sucks being around homeless crackheads.

It’s been awhile since I went to NY, but I imagine it’s somewhat similar.
    I took the train around London and it was great. I doubt Los Angeles is any different than London.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Newark is the rudest city in America. It didn't really bother me, except when this girl was being a total cunt about my rental car reservation.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I rode on the Harry Potter train in Scotland. Pretty sure it’s the same as the light rail in Seattle.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

Well Newark is home to Prudential Financial’s HQs while Camden is the home to both Campbell Foods and Subaru of America.
    Like I said, world class!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It’s going to be an exercise to recalibrate the brain in how CFB works next year.

A team will very likely lose 3 games and still get into the playoff. Going 10-2 will no longer feel like a disappointment.

The 150 year old tradition of chasing the undefeated season is over. It is for all intensive purposes, unnecessary.

There will be something missing for a while which was the pursuit of being flawless.

Look at what they’ve done to our boy.

• Options
    Founders Club