Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Boomer question for the board

Comments

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You can watch the game online. Sportsurge.net. Make sure your computer is double-bagging so you don't get E-AIDS

thanks for this... needed a new resource, the authorities musta shut down my Bosscast.net
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FYI if you use Firefox and add Ublock origins in the "add ons" menu of the browser then it screens the pop adds pretty well. Doesn't work on Apple products as far as I know
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sling sucks compared to YouTubeTV.

I had a few issues with what I’d describe as buffering and I’m on fiber. I think that’s more to do with live sports for some reason vs a non- live broadcast.

What pissed me off the most with Sling is the commercials I couldn’t fast forward through. Total fucking bullshit.

I’ve got it for the month and I read something that each team is obligated to be on the Pac12 network 3 tims so UW likely gets 1 of ASU/Stanford and if I want to watch that abortion, I’m set.

Otherwise, fuck Sling. I’m sticking with YouTubeTV
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’d invite you over to watch it but last time I did that it was assumed I drive a rapist type windowless van which isn’t that far from the truth but still.

We could meet up in Knoxville. It’s about the halfway point.
    Knoxville, cool fucking place man.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I had a few issues with what I’d describe as buffering and I’m on fiber. I think that’s more to do with live sports for some reason vs a non- live broadcast.

What pissed me off the most with Sling is the commercials I couldn’t fast forward through. Total fucking bullshit.

I’ve got it for the month and I read something that each team is obligated to be on the Pac12 network 3 tims so UW likely gets 1 of ASU/Stanford and if I want to watch that abortion, I’m set.

YouTube TV is really good. Their auto recording is a bit wonky at times, but other than that no complaints.

I was Fubo for quite a while until they got greedy.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    gmo said:

YouTube TV is really good. Their auto recording is a bit wonky at times, but other than that no complaints.

I did the free trial of Fubo to watch yesterday. Was really pleased with the quality. I'll still cancel, since if we beat Oregon we won't be on P12 networks again and if we lose then it won't matter.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

gmo said:

I did the free trial of Fubo to watch yesterday. Was really pleased with the quality. I'll still cancel, since if we beat Oregon we won't be on P12 networks again and if we lose then it won't matter.
    the interface and recording is better than YouTube. They were way ahead of YT with the multigame viewing (via Apple TV). I loved it... until they decided to up their prices like $25 a month like there are no other options... and right before NFL Sunday Ticket started on YouTube. Blockbuster greed level stupid....
  • Options
    Founders Club

I’d invite you over to watch it but last time I did that it was assumed I drive a rapist type windowless van which isn’t that far from the truth but still.

I’ve only ever stopped for a beer or lunch in Knoxville so I don’t have much to say about it but the one tim I stopped was the funniest. Driving back to Lex and we find a pizza place. A methy homeless lady walks up to us as we’re getting g out the truck and asks for food and money. I tell her to fuck off.

My catholic guilt kicks in so when we’re done eating, I take the leftover pizza and see her right out front and offer her the pizza. She replied by saying she can’t eat cheese. I thought to myself that she picked a great fucking spot to beg for food.
    I am sure you figured out she didn't actually want food yeah?!

I've had it happen quite a few times before, also trying to be charitable offering my leftovers to people asking for "food" only to be turned down.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

I’ve only ever stopped for a beer or lunch in Knoxville so I don’t have much to say about it but the one tim I stopped was the funniest. Driving back to Lex and we find a pizza place. A methy homeless lady walks up to us as we’re getting g out the truck and asks for food and money. I tell her to fuck off.

My catholic guilt kicks in so when we’re done eating, I take the leftover pizza and see her right out front and offer her the pizza. She replied by saying she can’t eat cheese. I thought to myself that she picked a great fucking spot to beg for food.
    I am sure you figured out she didn't actually want food yeah?!

I've had it happen quite a few times before, also trying to be charitable offering my leftovers to people asking for "food" only to be turned down.
    Oh yeah, I knew that.
  • Options
    RichardARichardA Member Posts: 33
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2023

Boomer cutoff has been 1964 since I was born.

I'll be sure to give your opinion the consideration it merits

Moving the goalpost

It isn't as if any official agency publishes the cutoff years. They are all made up. And the original made up years for Gen X started at 1960

like Joe Biden's inflation calculator isn't going to work.

Take it to the tug

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

FYI if you use Firefox and add Ublock origins in the "add ons" menu of the browser then it screens the pop adds pretty well. Doesn't work on Apple products as far as I know

Ublock works on chrome as well, streamseast doesn’t give me aids when I have it running.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

I'm a month in with Fubo. Their channel lineup is good. It's far from cheap though. They don't give you a choice on Root Sports. If you live in an area with a local team that Root televises (like the Mariners) then Fubo doesn't give you a choice. They charge $11.99 for the local sports package. Add tax and another addon for $7.99 so I can have P12 network and it's $100.

Cheaper than Dish by quite a bit but the app is absolute shit compared to the smooth humming dish interface. I already miss the ability to seamlessly bounce between games and shows and between recorded and live.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thought this would be about getting a bigger tv. Yes, yes you should.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fyi for you boomers if you can't watch the game on your cable telly, use streameast.io

It's what the kids use these days.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fyi for you boomers if you can't watch the game on your cable telly, use streameast.io

Kids suck fudgie. Nobody with a brain and 3+ decades of life experience wants to do anything the way the kids do it. You're all dead eyed, muttering, socially retarded fucksticks...even (especially?) the smart ones.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Kids suck fudgie. Nobody with a brain and 3+ decades of life experience wants to do anything the way the kids do it. You're all dead eyed, muttering, socially retarded fucksticks...even (especially?) the smart ones.
    Enjoy Castricones strained over exuberance then
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Sure, but we can find a way to watch sports for free.
    I'm glad you didn't overreact. I was just having old man fun. I have a 24 year old that, once in a while, isn't a total fucktard and contributes or says something useful. I don't hate him.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think I was using streameast (among others) before you were born, fudgie.