Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's not over for Cuog!

2»

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188

haie said:

Both schools should be in the big 12.

I hate the cuogs more than anyone here and even I can acknowledge that if you have some of these other loser schools like Arizona in that have never had anything resembling a football culture, you should throw the poor cuog a bone and get them in at a partial share or something.

Will be interesting to see how Coug and Beav do playing in a conference where they don't benefit from no one getting up to play them and overlooking them each week. Utah too.
    Cuog has been solid for a decade now with multiple different coaches.

Theyd be fine in the Big 12
    They are good only because they are receiving a ridiculously outsized share of media revenue. They have been on food stamps since tv was invented. If they get into any conference they need to receive only a fair share of tv money. Lets see how good they can be consistently when they are actually a fucking underdog.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

They both truly fit the Big 12 mold, and I mean that sincerely.

Coogs for sure. Don't see it was much with OSU. But I suppose that's where Iowa State is, so there's room.

Coogs for sure. Don't see it was much with OSU. But I suppose that's where Iowa State is, so there's room.
    Agriculture school. I can totally see an Oklahoma State vs. Oregon State game on TBS on a Friday night in Corvallis...
    OSU V OSU in a yearly Halloween battle. Full black and orange regalia. Who owns the acronym? Who owns the colors? Couldn’t write a better “rivalry” for the new B12 conference.
    Pumpkin Bowl.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,676 Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

haie said:

I hate the cuogs more than anyone here and even I can acknowledge that if you have some of these other loser schools like Arizona in that have never had anything resembling a football culture, you should throw the poor cuog a bone and get them in at a partial share or something.

Will be interesting to see how Coug and Beav do playing in a conference where they don't benefit from no one getting up to play them and overlooking them each week. Utah too.

They are good only because they are receiving a ridiculously outsized share of media revenue. They have been on food stamps since tv was invented. If they get into any conference they need to receive only a fair share of tv money. Lets see how good they can be consistently when they are actually a fucking underdog.
    Bro they beat Oregons ass 4 years in a row with 2 star recruits

UW wishes it could've done that.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Fuck that stay in the PAC 2 guaranteed Rose, Holiday and Sun Bowl
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    EwaDawg said:

haie said:

They are good only because they are receiving a ridiculously outsized share of media revenue. They have been on food stamps since tv was invented. If they get into any conference they need to receive only a fair share of tv money. Lets see how good they can be consistently when they are actually a fucking underdog. </blockquote

Lol

Beavs have a bigger stadium. The Portland market. And a 30 mile straight shot bus ride off of the plane for the road teams. I’d think they would be more attractive than the Cougs objectively

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,676 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Beavs have a bigger stadium. The Portland market. And a 30 mile straight shot bus ride off of the plane for the road teams. I’d think they would be more attractive than the Cougs objectively

Beav has sucked for forever and has worse tv ratings
    edited September 2023

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

Yes. Because they have been getting more tv money than they earn.

You ride the short bus, don't you?

Lets see if they drop off when the gravy train ends.

(I am not saying they don't punch above their weight class, I am saying if they didn't receive hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies over 30 or 40 years, they wouldn't have the chance to have the success that they have had in the last ten years).
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

(I am not saying they don't punch above their weight class, I am saying if they didn't receive hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies over 30 or 40 years, they wouldn't have the chance to have the success that they have had in the last ten years).

explain to me how the WSU gravy train allowed them to beat Oregon 4 years in a row, while UW has topped out at 2 when Oregon was fucking awful almost a decade ago in 16 and 17.

edited September 2023

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

explain to me how the WSU gravy train allowed them to beat Oregon 4 years in a row, while UW has topped out at 2 when Oregon was fucking awful almost a decade ago in 16 and 17.

You, explain to me how taking $200 million out of WSU expenditures over the past 30 -40 years doesn't impact their ability to build facilities or hire competitive coaching. It not a difficult concept. UW and the LA schools paid for WSU (and others) to be able to (kind of) keep up with the big boys.

If they don't have Pac 12 level facilities, recruiting budgets and coaching then how do they compete at the P12 level? I get that it is a hypothetical but the gravy train ended for a reason. People with the money decided who deserved to have it.

I get it. You are stubborn and lack intellect. Let's see if WSU can repeat the past ten years from say 2028 to 2037?

Kaepsknee said:

Beav has sucked for forever and has worse tv ratings
    Shit post.

Shit poster.
    edited September 2023
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

You, explain to me how taking $200 million out of WSU expenditures over the past 30 -40 years doesn't impact their ability to build facilities or hire competitive coaching. It not a difficult concept. UW and the LA schools paid for WSU (and others) to be able to (kind of) keep up with the big boys.

If they don't have Pac 12 level facilities, recruiting budgets and coaching then how do they compete at the P12 level? I get that it is a hypothetical but the gravy train ended for a reason. People with the money decided who deserved to have it.

I get it. You are stubborn and lack intellect. Let's see if WSU can repeat the past ten years from say 2028 to 2037?

You’re really gonna be pissed come 2024. And I’m here for it.
    edited September 2023
    Kaepsknee said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

I can't wait. See you in 2024. You are cascadia cuog, right?

(BTW I am waiting to compare 2028 to 2037 vs 2014 to 2023. Your current coach is likely gone to Mich St and Mike Leach ain't walking through that door any time soon.)
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

oregon was a subsidized program for 70 years until their 50 year plan to lose a rose bowl panned out

programs ebb and flow in college sports. which is why these superconferences are dumb.

not everyone can be a winner. and a lot of big time programs are going to feel the impact of a 5th place conference finish more than they ever thought they would

every conference needs lower tier programs to give the big programs wins, or occasionally have a breakthrough moment
    edited September 2023

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

oregon was a subsidized program for 70 years until their 50 year plan to lose a rose bowl panned out

programs ebb and flow in college sports. which is why these superconferences are dumb.

not everyone can be a winner. and a lot of big time programs are going to feel the impact of a 5th place conference finish more than they ever thought they would

every conference needs lower tier programs to give the big programs wins, or occasionally have a breakthrough moment
    One time, at band camp. . . . . .

[I like WSU and I root for WSU when it doesn't negatively impact UW. However, WSU fans have an innate ability to make me wonder why I do so. Insufferable does not come close. If they, or you, can't see that they had help getting to where they are at then no one can help you (or them)].
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

One time, at band camp. . . . . .

[I like WSU and I root for WSU when it doesn't negatively impact UW. However, WSU fans have an innate ability to make me wonder why I do so. Insufferable does not come close. If they, or you, can't see that they had help getting to where they are at then no one can help you (or them)].
    WDWY
    Max Browne seems to be way more concussed than a QB who never saw the field as He.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218
    EwaDawg said:

Kaepsknee said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

haie said:

I can't wait. See you in 2024. You are cascadia cuog, right?

(BTW I am waiting to compare 2028 to 2037 vs 2014 to 2023. Your current coach is likely gone to Mich St and Mike Leach ain't walking through that door any time soon.)
    Weekend at Bernie’s 2 — Mike Leach Electric Boogaloo?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,083 Founders Club

Agriculture school. I can totally see an Oklahoma State vs. Oregon State game on TBS on a Friday night in Corvallis...
    OSU V OSU in a yearly Halloween battle. Full black and orange regalia. Who owns the acronym? Who owns the colors? Couldn’t write a better “rivalry” for the new B12 conference.
    Mike Leach Memorial Bowel between TTU and CUOG will be special and not a dry eye will be had.