Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,850 Founders Club
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,850 Founders Club
    I know we don’t deal in hypotheticals here but what Polk doesn’t get hurt early against Montana and let’s just assume UW holds on to win that game.

Everything else remains the same that year. Does Jen still Fire Lake?

Shoutout to @YellowSnow for making me think of UW football every time I hear Bob Segar on my glorious Sonos speakers in Casa Del Nacho.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I know we don’t deal in hypotheticals here but what Polk doesn’t get hurt early against Montana and let’s just assume UW holds on to win that game.

Shoutout to @YellowSnow for making me think of UW football every time I hear Bob Segar on my glorious Sonos speakers in Casa Del Nacho.

You sound poor
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I’m not convinced he’s a number one. Needs one more year if I’m a GM, selfishly speaking. But Rome demands so much attention I’m not sure Polk is as good as he is without Rome. Rome is a generational receiver, and we have not seen him at his full potential.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,335 Founders Club
    edited September 2023

Since it was Pac 12 network I didn't see the Montana game and immediately stopped caring about the season

But the way fans freaked out I don't think he's fired without that loss

All Polk does is get open

And score touchdowns

99 percent of the years he's the clear #1

An embarrassment of riches

If I’m investing millions I want to make sure he’s not just getting open because of Rome.
    Plus with NIL, if he comes back next year he gets his disability insurance paid for, he gets millions of NIL money and he gets more by possibly moving up the draft board, into day one or day two.
    Counter argument , D-Mo is the qb and can’t get him the ball
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,868 Swaye's Wigwam

Since it was Pac 12 network I didn't see the Montana game and immediately stopped caring about the season

He should have been fired on the 50 after that game.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,837 Founders Club
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,335 Founders Club

And score touchdowns

If I’m investing millions I want to make sure he’s not just getting open because of Rome.
    Plus with NIL, if he comes back next year he gets his disability insurance paid for, he gets millions of NIL money and he gets more by possibly moving up the draft board, into day one or day two.
    Well I want him to come back because I don't care about the NFL or what they think of him. UW can pay him to stay

Because of 7 on 7 there is a plethora of wide outs to choose from across college ball

In the NFL he'd play with other great receivers too
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited September 2023

And score touchdowns

He doesn't need to get open when he's demonstrated he can catch anything no matter how hard he's getting hit in the process.

Dude has top shelf hands. He makes contested catches with people draped all over him.

Just say you hope he comes back. We all do. But it won't be because NFL teams are afraid he can't get open.
    edited September 2023
    dnc said:

And score touchdowns

He doesn't need to get open when he's demonstrated he can catch anything no matter how hard he's getting hit in the process.

Dude has top shelf hands. He makes contested catches with people draped all over him.

Just say you hope he comes back. We all do. But it won't be because NFL teams are afraid he can't get open.
    Like I said selfishly speaking I want him for one more year. He’s probably gone though. I am not a GM nor to I claim to be one. He’s clearly a great number two, which he has demonstrated. Pettis was not as good without Ross, but still great. IF I was a GM that’s what I would be thinking.
    Plus he knows D-Mo better than any of us.

Austin Mack starts next year IMO

dnc said:

Austin Mack starts next year IMO
    Cam Ward
    I would be quite okay with that.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,199 Swaye's Wigwam

He should have been fired on the 50 after that game.
    He made Montana's defense look better than Alabama's in 2016. Should have been fired before he even got to the 50.
    FireCohen said:

You sound poor