Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

dillon johnson

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    chuck said:

He was definitely running like I pictured it when he signed I didn't watch MSU but this was not the same guy I saw in the opener. He tried to truck someone on almost every touch and he can hit.

Nixon and Rodgers are both good too. No worries about the RBs anymore.

Definitely a plus one against nickle and dime packages to stop UW’s passing game
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

He was definitely running like I pictured it when he signed I didn't watch MSU but this was not the same guy I saw in the opener. He tried to truck someone on almost every touch and he can hit.

Definitely a plus one against nickle and dime packages to stop UW’s passing game
    I wish Grubb would commit to it just a bit more. There's evidence that UW could run for chunk play after chunk play when a team sits back like that. He just can't help himself with the down field passing game though. It's frustrating sometimes.
  • TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 545

chuck said:

chuck said:

I wish Grubb would commit to it just a bit more. There's evidence that UW could run for chunk play after chunk play when a team sits back like that. He just can't help himself with the down field passing game though. It's frustrating sometimes.
    At least against these crappy teams they are building stats for penix for a heisman campaign. I hate the heisman but I think that's something they think about when the game is no longer in question.
    I agree. In my worthless opinion its maybe he is saving that strategy for later games.

Going back to the Penix padding stats for Heisman. The eternal Doog in me hopes he wins so UW can attract portal QBs until they can build an internal QB pipeline. Just saying.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

chuck said:

chuck said:

At least against these crappy teams they are building stats for penix for a heisman campaign. I hate the heisman but I think that's something they think about when the game is no longer in question.
    I agree. In my worthless opinion its maybe he is saving that strategy for later games.

Going back to the Penix padding stats for Heisman. The eternal Doog in me hopes he wins so UW can attract portal QBs until they can build an internal QB pipeline. Just saying.
    What we have witnessed including watching Fresno state is the pass sets up the run. If they crowd the line of scrimmage and stack the box, Grubb will go over the top. I’m not sure you can defend both unless you have Georgia talent up front and it will still be a crap shot, with 3 NFL receivers. If you play nickel and dime packages, Dillion will eat up 6-8 yards a touch. Dillion is better than Taulapapa and Nixon 23 is better than 22. The games UW lost, Rome was hurt, there was a lot of the deft that was hurt.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Noted tough guy @LeachNeedsMoreTim called this guy soft.

He's a beast. I definitely wrote him off too quickly after the Boise game.

Same. He doesn't look fun to tackle at all. It's nice to see an RB unwilling to give up on those last 2-3 yards.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:
    Funny, I thought about that observation. Thing was, that was 2019, and I said he was going to need tim to develop.

I was right.
    “I was first and I was right!” ?? Interesting tactic