Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: We're just biding time until the Oregon Game

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Massive hungover hatefest on Wilcox episode 🍻

Unfortunately, I suppose, No one drank.
    I get a hotel room for late kickoffs.

I refuse to be fucked over by the networks/Pac 12. Not driving back at 12-2am for those assholes.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,593 Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

I refuse to be fucked over by the networks/Pac 12. Not driving back at 12-2am for those assholes.
    I had two children with me and one of them it was his first ever Husky game. Watching them react to everything was fun enough. There was a total of 9 of us and @WoolleyDoog and I were the only drinkers. Just wasn’t that crowd last night. Definitely Oregon though.

haie said:

haie said:

I had two children with me and one of them it was his first ever Husky game. Watching them react to everything was fun enough. There was a total of 9 of us and @WoolleyDoog and I were the only drinkers. Just wasn’t that crowd last night. Definitely Oregon though.
    My son was 2 when I took him to Corvallis in 2021 and then Oregon State game last year was his first husky game. The mother in law plus my wife allowed me to drink some with father in law but yeah it's not the same situation.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,356 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

My son was 2 when I took him to Corvallis in 2021 and then Oregon State game last year was his first husky game. The mother in law plus my wife allowed me to drink some with father in law but yeah it's not the same situation.
    It was just a couple beer night for me and still had fun, which is an accomplishment for me and a testament to the team right now. Gonna have to take down a ton of Coors Light to calm the nerve for Oregon and avoid whiskey so I don't lose my mind.

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

It was just a couple beer night for me and still had fun, which is an accomplishment for me and a testament to the team right now. Gonna have to take down a ton of Coors Light to calm the nerve for Oregon and avoid whiskey so I don't lose my mind.
    The beer in stadium is so gross I'm done after a few no matter what.

Two Johnny Utah's and then had a Coors or two I think.

Was happy to just watch most of the 4th quarter at Schultzy's
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    @greenblood got a s/o with the tickets to the whoregon game
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Jesus…who was the insufferable cunt that was complaining Oregon’s schedule at the end? UW’s schedule was not exactly a murderous row and UW is hosting. Stop being a bitch
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    haie said:

They just sounded hungover because I coerced them to pod at 8:30am on a Sunday.

haie said:

They just sounded hungover because I coerced them to pod at 8:30am on a Sunday.
    The two nine year old boys were going ape shit for every big play and usually I’m excited but I was really playing it up for them to make it even more fun and special. CSB. Probably more suited for Doogman due to the sentimental feelings of it.
    Meant to point out that’s why my voice sounded so horse
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    Ok. This is the best pup Ai intro and it’s not close.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,492 Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn’t even think about the refs wanting to take things out on Oregon and Washington. I’m on the conspiracy theory train now.
    FireCohen said:

Jesus…who was the insufferable cunt that was complaining Oregon’s schedule at the end? UW’s schedule was not exactly a murderous row and UW is hosting. Stop being a bitch

I am said insufferable cunt. No shame.

I didn’t even think about the refs wanting to take things out on Oregon and Washington. I’m on the conspiracy theory train now.

There really should be an internet movement about Washington getting penalized more than a team with a rapist on it if it were to happen on Saturday
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Believing that the refs always hate UW is a generational thing passed down in my family. My dad would flatly state it like it wasn't a matter of debate, and he was more of a Cuog fan.

It was bad against cal. Really bad. The blindside block was the easy one to see, but the non calls on holding were the real issue and the concern going forward.

Watching some NFL yesterday I was really struck by how quick on the trigger they are with holding calls. NFL guys would've thrown 2 dozen holding flags in the cal game. Surely some on both teams but it was obviously a strategy by cal.
    chuck said:

Believing that the refs always hate UW is a generational thing passed down in my family. My dad would flatly state it like it wasn't a matter of debate, and he was more of a Cuog fan.

It was bad against cal. Really bad. The blindside block was the easy one to see, but the non calls on holding were the real issue and the concern going forward.

Watching some NFL yesterday I was really struck by how quick on the trigger they are with holding calls. NFL guys would've thrown 2 dozen holding flags in the cal game. Surely some on both teams but it was obviously a strategy by cal.
    I really don't want to seem like a doog lunatic so glad some hopefully lesser lunatics have seen it. Every game other than Tulsa to me has been shockingly bad. I wonder if there was something to the Pac-12 organizationally wanting parity for a long time and that trickling down to the psyche of the conference's refs. It's odd I've never heard of people bitching that USC always gets calls, when that's a pretty universal accusation against dominant teams.

One of my favorite things I've ever read was an Eagles blogger writing about how one of the reasons Chip Kelly wouldn't dominate in the NFL is they call holding differently, especially on the edge.

chuck said:

I really don't want to seem like a doog lunatic so glad some hopefully lesser lunatics have seen it. Every game other than Tulsa to me has been shockingly bad. I wonder if there was something to the Pac-12 organizationally wanting parity for a long time and that trickling down to the psyche of the conference's refs. It's odd I've never heard of people bitching that USC always gets calls, when that's a pretty universal accusation against dominant teams.

One of my favorite things I've ever read was an Eagles blogger writing about how one of the reasons Chip Kelly wouldn't dominate in the NFL is they call holding differently, especially on the edge.
    I think that was that El hombre guy

chuck said:

Oh and the trickle down Pac-12 parity thing I meant back in the 80s/90s where I think they openly said they wanted parity. Now I would think it woudl come from blaming Washington and Oregon on the destruction of the conference and the loss of jobs.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,465 Swaye's Wigwam
    My favorite part so far is @WoolleyDoog saying he's not a conspiracy theorist then proceeding to drop the jet fuel/steel beam of referee hating UW for leaving the conference theories