Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most devastating on-field moment as a Husky fan?

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Write-In
    Fishpo31 said:

Chuck Nelson, in Pullman, right over my head…I’m old

That game was a close second. No California/Rose Bowl vacay for me. Sad!
  • Options
    Write-In

koopdog said:

Leap by the lake - I was there and it happened right in front of us. Really stung.

Also, Notre Dame receiver left uncovered... easy TD for the win. Lambo really couged that game.

I still want Ortege Jenkins to DIACF over that. It was truly in my mind the death of Husky football as we had gotten cheese grater raped the week prior by Nebraska after being as high as #9(?). We folded after that and went .500 I believe, and I was soul-sick all year.
    I don't hate Ortege. Didn't hate him then either.

I hate the shit-as-fuck defense & Lambo. They are to blame for that abortion. Ortege made a great play.
    Lambo was two(or was it 3?) plays away from 2--or 3?-- Rose Bowls. @puppylove_sugarsteel
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Write-In
    Baseman said:

koopdog said:

Leap by the lake - I was there and it happened right in front of us. Really stung.

Also, Notre Dame receiver left uncovered... easy TD for the win. Lambo really couged that game.

I still want Ortege Jenkins to DIACF over that. It was truly in my mind the death of Husky football as we had gotten cheese grater raped the week prior by Nebraska after being as high as #9(?). We folded after that and went .500 I believe, and I was soul-sick all year.

I hate the shit-as-fuck defense & Lambo. They are to blame for that abortion. Ortege made a great play.
    Lambo was two(or was it 3?) plays away from 2--or 3?-- Rose Bowls. @puppylove_sugarsteel
    I watched 2 defenders stand there in the endzone, tugging each other, as Jenkins started running with the ball. No idea why the two didn't run towards Jenkins as soon as he crossed the LOS. Total lack of situational awareness due to shit coaching...
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,185
    Kenny Wheaton pick 6 off Damon Huard vs Oregon (1994)

Leap by the lake - I was there and it happened right in front of us.. Really stung.

He leaped into the west endzone, hence, not possible for it to be right in front of you.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Write-In
    MelloDawg said:

Leap by the lake - I was there and it happened right in front of us.. Really stung.

He leaped into the west endzone, hence, not possible for it to be right in front of you.
    Fuck off!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Joe Steele's fumble vs Alabama on Bama 30 yard line late 4Q trailing 20-17 (1978)
    Things are about to blow up here
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Browning fumble on goal line vs Auburn (2016)
    I'd add Ross FUMBLE against Bama.

We were driving on our way to score, then he fumbles and all was lost.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Joe Steele's fumble vs Alabama on Bama 30 yard line late 4Q trailing 20-17 (1978)
    Doogles said:

I'd add Ross FUMBLE against Bama.

We were driving on our way to score, then he fumbles and all was lost.

Pick six by Bama
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2023
    Write-In

Akaili Smith
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,409
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kenny Wheaton pick 6 off Damon Huard vs Oregon (1994)

Too soon
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

1990 vs. UCLA: Tommy Maddox to Sean LaChappelle setting up UCLAs game winning field goal, costing UW the Natty

Feels weird to "chin" one of my most painful memories but I think it is the correct answer.
    I was pretty inconsolable as a 9 year old losing @USC in '84, but can't point to one or 2 plays like '90.
    And those are the two losses that seem to have most directly cost us? national titles.
  • Options
    Write-In
    Fishpo31 said:

@Fishpo31's memory inspired me to pull out this @Baseman production from a few years back
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,056
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited September 2023

koopdog said:

If you don’t have hate in your heart I can’t help you.

If you walked in the room and a dude was hard dicking your wife and you thought “I can’t hate him. He’s really hard dicking my wife”. Don’t be a pussy.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Write-In
    koopdog said:

koopdog said:

If you walked in the room and a dude was hard dicking your wife and you thought “I can’t hate him. He’s really hard dicking my wife”. Don’t be a pussy.
    I have a lot of @haie in my heart.

I can't hate the guy for dicking my wife. She should have played better defense. She left a wide gap and allowed easy pressure up the middle.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,279
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023
    Write-In
    Baseman said:

Fishpo31 said:

@Fishpo31's memory inspired me to pull out this @Baseman production from a few years back
    I was the one with the beer in my hand, and a Rose Bowl ticket coming in the mail..
  • Options
    Write-In
    koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Wow. That actually happened? (TYFYS)
  • Options

koopdog said:

koopdog said:

I have a lot of @haie in my heart.

I can't hate the guy for dicking my wife. She should have played better defense. She left a wide gap and allowed easy pressure up the middle.
    And….. that was a perfect response. Tip o’ the cap my friend.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Yes. I consider Baze a friend and I apologized for the hard dicking.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Write-In
    koopdog said:

Baseman said:

koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Yes. I consider Baze a friend and I apologized for the hard dicking.
    As you recall, I asked you to LEAVE!!

The wife thanked you for your service as you were walking out the door.