Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joel Klatt humping Washington's leg

2»

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Feels like half the teams going to play in the league. If they don't win 12 games we will look back on it as a total ball dropping

Holy shit, keep it in your pants. The Sqwad looks great, but hasn't done anything yet. Let's see them beat a decent team on the road before declaring 11-1 a failure.

I'll be happy if they can beat Arizona without giving me heartburn.
    I'm talking about the specific players. Could be lots of Jake Browning's holding clip boards don't twist
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Only a small handful of coordinators could properly shut down the air raid, and that was an offense predicated on short, easy routes that any retard with an ounce of accuracy could operate in.

Conversely, there is no realistic formula for stopping this iteration of Grubb's offense. You need exceptional defensive talent at all three levels, a coaching staff in the 95th percentile of defensive acumen, and a good deal of luck in hoping for an off day from Penix or a rash of catastrophic injuries.

Coaches like Sirmon, Wilcox, and Kwat all seemed to fit criteria #2 and found a workable blueprint, but none of them, not even Texas, had the horses to actually win the game.

You need the cal game plan with a competent offense. It can be done if penix has a below average day and you put up 30 something on our d.

It shortens the game and accelerates the value of each possession. I would be surprised if any team makes it through the conference undefeated. Too many good teams where you have to play at a high level most weeks.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The big edge for UW is no Ucla and ASU at home. Maybe someday DeBoer eliminates the jinx games

I agree one loss. At Oregon State or USC

Maybe

This.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

The big edge for UW is no Ucla and ASU at home. Maybe someday DeBoer eliminates the jinx games

Maybe

The stacking of 3 straight tuff games and 3 out of 4 on the road are what's concerning.
    At Furd, At USC, home Utah At tOSU is the stretch.

Also if we make the P12 champ game vs USC, USC will be coming off a bye while we will be on a short week.

Anyway, getting ahead of ourselves but would have been nice if the 4 easier conf games (AZ and San Fran schools) were more mixed in. Hopefully other teams also have that issue.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This team is good enough to beat everyone on the schedule, will probably drop a conference game, and 11-1 should be the floor.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Feels like half the teams going to play in the league. If they don't win 12 games we will look back on it as a total ball dropping

Holy shit, keep it in your pants. The Sqwad looks great, but hasn't done anything yet. Let's see them beat a decent team on the road before declaring 11-1 a failure.

I'll be happy if they can beat Arizona without giving me heartburn.
    It's not enough to beat Arizona on the road. We must beat Arizona on the road without giving @fouchpotato heartburn.
    If this team curb stomps Cal and Arizona, hang the natty banner
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Penix will likely have a couple off-games where he's missing receivers. If those games come against Oregon or SC, we probably lose. Against anyone else, we're probably in the clear

Frankly he’s been bailed out many times this season by difficult, even circus, catches by the wrs.

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

The usual kryptonite for offenses like ours is a defensive line that can generate pressure without blitzing.

We're going to have to dink and dunk at some point. Hopefully we're patient and disciplined enough to do it properly for long drives.

Ucla pressured the shit out of UW last year, so too asu to an extent.

Penix can get sped up and erratic, not a stranger to the pick six.

I could see against a twitchy DL (playoffs, ie Sec opponent) getting to Penix but I don’t think there are any 2016 Alabama defenses out there who also have NFL shutdown corners on both sides.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sometimes teams and new coaching staffs can make big jumps in year 2.

This is the inside analysis I come here for.
    Often times the obvious explanation is the best one.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'd probably rank washton #1. Maybe UGA just clamps down but UW would beat FSU/Michigan/Texas/etc right now.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2023

whlinder said:

Maybe

The stacking of 3 straight tuff games and 3 out of 4 on the road are what's concerning.

Also if we make the P12 champ game vs USC, USC will be coming off a bye while we will be on a short week.

Anyway, getting ahead of ourselves but would have been nice if the 4 easier conf games (AZ and San Fran schools) were more mixed in. Hopefully other teams also have that issue.
    The Smirk rope a dope is gone. Not worried about Stanford.

But USC and Beavers on the road are gonna be very difficult games.
    I'm not in the least worried about losing to Stanford.

It's the travel to Stanford for what will surely be a 7:30pm kickoff followed by the travel to USC the next week which worries me, lessening our chances of beating USC and hopefully not compounding into a worn out team vs Utah and OSU.

whlinder said:

Maybe

The level of seething hatred emanating from the Reser Stadium grandstands toward anything purple will be Charles Manson-esque
    I was thinking of taking my oldest to this game, but felt like it might get too chipy.

The Beave is angry and I don't want to have to beat up No Natty Guy.
    I'm unlikely to make it to a game this year (unless it is the Rose or Sugar Bowel) but I've thought about trying to get to Corvallis since we may never play there again and I haven't been to the area in 25 years. Family history and whatnot.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

Maybe

The level of seething hatred emanating from the Reser Stadium grandstands toward anything purple will be Charles Manson-esque
    This is sneakily the best game to go to this year.

Not sure my English is good there, but you get my point.