Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tentpoling could saved the Pac-12

DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,350
edited September 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
if only we knew. I'm usually an advocate for tentpoling but this crosses the line (IMO).

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,960 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

On the main P12N channel they were playing Beavlet vs Stanford men's soccer.

Nothing was saving this shitty conference.

I hadn't paid much attention to the BTN but have glanced a few times lately. Is their programming any better? It doesn't seem like it based on a real small sample.

One theory I had was that people in the rust belt are bored and watch the hell out of whatever sport they can find on TV as long as there's a regional connection.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    What I saw looked a lot like the Pac-12 Network.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,078 Founders Club
    chuck said:

haie said:

On the main P12N channel they were playing Beavlet vs Stanford men's soccer.

Nothing was saving this shitty conference.

I hadn't paid much attention to the BTN but have glanced a few times lately. Is their programming any better? It doesn't seem like it based on a real small sample.

One theory I had was that people in the rust belt are bored and watch the hell out of whatever sport they can find on TV as long as there's a regional connection.
    A brewery I go to has set channels on the TVs and BTN is one of them. Always football content unless it’s a live sports event that doesn’t interfere with live football.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,208
    DucksFC said:

if only we knew. I'm usually an advocate for tentpoling but this crosses the line (IMO).

1) the p12 was dead loooooong before prime even started coaching
    2) these three games for prime have been entertaining, but are we? going to hang a banner for beating some bottom feeder teams?
    3) IF prime is more steak than sizzle then he's gone to the SEC and boofs are right back to where they were
    4) i dont think its a coincidence the lane kiffin/mental health story broke this week, he better beat bama and/or hope prime starts losing
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,734 Founders Club
    Colorado still would have wanted out
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

DucksFC said:

2) these three games for prime have been entertaining, but are we? going to hang a banner for beating some bottom feeder teams?
    3) IF prime is more steak than sizzle then he's gone to the SEC and boofs are right back to where they were
    4) i dont think its a coincidence the lane kiffin/mental health story broke this week, he better beat bama and/or hope prime starts losing
    Black Monday this year, ESPN will be stroking Prim into a NFL job. "It's a crime if Sanders isn't you're first call as a GM."
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,734 Founders Club

DucksFC said:

Black Monday this year, ESPN will be stroking Prim into a NFL job. "It's a crime if Sanders isn't you're first call as a GM."
    At least in the present moment, they're looking at Deion as CNN looks at Trump, in terms of a ratings booster. I don't think they'd want him to leave Colorado.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,208

Would it be wrong of me to root for Oregon this weekend just put and end to this ridiculous tent poling?

root for injuries and bad calls, imo.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,934 Founders Club
    Haters gonna hate

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Who gives a fuck bout pac-12…it is time to let the dead bury the dead
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen going biblical now
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

FireCohen going biblical now
    Praise Allah
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

Worthless without @trublue
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    If we are bashing tentpoling, my 8th grade self in Ms. Elsher’s French class is fucking out.