Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ana Mari Cauce who got it done getting us to the B1G, anybody read her wiki? Damn.

124»

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    edited September 2023

For some odd reason I was reading it while listening to Rage Against the Machine and wondering who our next A.D. will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Mari_Cauce

"Cauce was born in Havana, Cuba, to Vicente Cauce, minister of education under Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista, and Ana Cauce (née Vivanco).[4] When she was three years old, her family, including her brother César, fled the island during the Cuban revolution. She grew up in Miami, Florida, where her father, who held a PhD, worked first as a custodian. Eventually both parents worked in a shoe factory.[5]"

"In 1979, Cauce's older brother, César Cauce, a well-known communist activist, was killed in the Greensboro massacre.[11] He and the other three white male victims were buried in Greensboro at a traditionally black cemetery.[12]"

I mentioned and cited this when she got hired. It was this combined with her appearance that led me to believe she'd be against football and anything that hinted of the patriarchy. But it turns out I was pretty much wrong, unless she has transformed from when she first ascended to the role
    Because she's Cuban? Expats who fled Cuba aren't exactly known for being liberal. Miami Cubans are a pretty important Republican base in Florida. Pretty surprising that her brother was a commie tbh, there's no way their parents were if they worked for Batista and fled after the revolution.
    No... I never mentioned ethnicity. I mentioned her Communist roots. Multiple posters in this thread struggling with reading comprehension.
    Cuban is a nationality, not ethnicity. My point was she doesn't have any communist roots. Her dad worked for Batista, the guy the communists overthrew, and her family fled after the communists took over. Seems her brother decided to become a communist anyway, but I don't see how that makes her one.
    With Cubans it is a binary either you are or aren't a commie. Lots of family civil wars go on on the subject.

My UW TA who is Cuban reiterated these points to me at the top of her lungs from the standing position on a chair while we were in Mexico when the subject came up. Csb.
    Pics?
    I wish, she was Caliente.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    edited September 2023