Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My theory on tomorrow's game

13»

Comments

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I talked to a couple Sparty fans including a couple who I think their kid is on the team and they’re saying we just hope it’s closer than last year.

Narrator Voice: It wasn’t.

• Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    wobidbus said:

Penix has the weapons he needs to knock Sparty out in the first round. I'm not nervous and that scares the shit out of me.

Nice!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pgos always right
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,092
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I fear the worst. The crowd will be bonkers and Sparty running game keeps the ball away from Penix and Co. (I like to call the Husky offense Penix and Co. I do that.) And when Penix and Co. (see?) do get the ball, a few turnovers will do them in.

It feels like a game where Sparty has something to prove and punches UW in the face. Being physical isn't UW's specialty, and if MSU comes out with a "fuck you, fuck our coach and fuck the world" mentality, our? Dawgs could wilt.

I hate that my pessimism tends to take over as the game gets closer, but I'm seeing an upset that everyone will be talking about next week as Washington drops to No. 22 in the rankings.

One thing's for sure. The line for this game is fucked.

Fuck.

Nostradamus here.
    Yeah, feel free to make amazing predictions like that weekly that have the dwags losing. Seemed to work well.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Lots of pansies in this thread. College football is played by hormonal kids who can't even control their own boners, so of course we could lose.

But Sparty sucks, and whether or not black Larry Nassar is on their sideline isn't going to be a deciding factor. Roll them like the little brother land grant school they are.

I talked to a couple Sparty fans including a couple who I think their kid is on the team and they’re saying we just hope it’s closer than last year.
    Thanks for working the phones, Nacho!
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I fear the worst. The crowd will be bonkers and Sparty running game keeps the ball away from Penix and Co. (I like to call the Husky offense Penix and Co. I do that.) And when Penix and Co. (see?) do get the ball, a few turnovers will do them in.

It feels like a game where Sparty has something to prove and punches UW in the face. Being physical isn't UW's specialty, and if MSU comes out with a "fuck you, fuck our coach and fuck the world" mentality, our? Dawgs could wilt.

I hate that my pessimism tends to take over as the game gets closer, but I'm seeing an upset that everyone will be talking about next week as Washington drops to No. 22 in the rankings.

One thing's for sure. The line for this game is fucked.

Fuck.

Nostradamus here.
    More like Nostradumbass, amirite?!?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    real close, stalin
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

real close, stalin

It proved to be a battle for all four quarters
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lots of pansies in this thread. College football is played by hormonal kids who can't even control their own boners, so of course we could lose.

But Sparty sucks, and whether or not black Larry Nassar is on their sideline isn't going to be a deciding factor. Roll them like the little brother land grant school they are.

Thanks for working the phones, Nacho!
    I’m just doing the lords work.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Why cant UW have real grass if places like north lancing can

Canadawg said:

Why cant UW have real grass if places like north lancing can

Fun fact, UW did have natural grass in the 60’s, and it was a cosching decision regarding whether we water soaked the field (USC) or not before the game…

The field was slanted toward the sidelines for a small amount of drainage, running downhill was a real thing

Then AstroTurf (in honor of George Jetsons dawg) was invented

The first 10 years guys were getting hurt, the grass could be sticky

Then generation 2 was invented, knee and ankle issues declined