Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I watched the game a second time

chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
What cunt would watch that shitfest twice? I didn't.

The DBs definitely look different than last year. It's more of an indictment of how bad they were, but they're a lot better. I think they're average and #1 might be better than.

No matter how shitty or meaningless the game got, I still liked watching Penix throw the ball. What an arm.

Culp is fast as fuck for his size. This may be heresy but I'd like to see more touches for the other TEs beside Westbrook. He's good and reliable and all that, but the others are impressive too. Culp and Cuevas are fast enough to house one on a short pass. Westbrook just looks for someone to jump over.

McMillan and Odunze have had that ability to drop easy balls since they've been at UW. I still feel like some of the team didn't have their heads right for this game, including those two. Tulsa was the most helpless pass defense UW has seen under Deboer IMO. UW barely saw a third down for most of the game, and at least one of those was brought in by a wide open drop well past the marker

I hope a handful of guys really suffer for that non-effort to stop the fumble return. Leaving your QB to make that tackle was unforgivable. Odunze and Nixon are two guys I clearly saw make an effort not to get into the play. There were plenty of others loafing. It's been hours now and I forgot some other names I wanted to call out.

TLDR. I had piles of material but I'll stop here. Shitbag effort (the post...I'll give the game a C).

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,358 Founders Club
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

The entire offense just watching that dude take the fumble back was both hilarious and horrifying. The offense must have drank their balls off Friday night because almost everyone was not giving a fuck. The defense had some spunk and it looked like we started playing the depth almost immediately which I wasn’t mad at. At the end it the day it was one of the most hilariously sloppy scrimmages I’ve seen and it was never remotely in jeopardy which is more than we can say about ass clenching games under previous staffs. Laugh that one off I think they’ll come ready to play next week.

The offense and especially the wr's should have their asses handed to them in the film session. That was soft af. So many drops and lack of effort. They run their mouths too much for that. Win the games that matter and all is forgiven though.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,357
    Since we don't have a stud running back, we are using the short pass game as a run option which is smart considering we should be grinding good yardage on the ground off teams like Tulsa and BSU. This team is good enough to beat everybody in conference spreading the field and throwing, however, at some point we will have to run the ball to win the game
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    dannarc said:

Since we don't have a stud running back, we are using the short pass game as a run option which is smart considering we should be grinding good yardage on the ground off teams like Tulsa and BSU. This team is good enough to beat everybody in conference spreading the field and throwing, however, at some point we will have to run the ball to win the game

Until someone actually gets more than one pressure on Penix in a game I'm not sure the running game ever gets going because there's no need for it. That's counter to what most football fans have been conditioned to believe in, and feels doogish to say. It's true though. 3rd and short is a high % pass situation for UW.

Feels weird thinking a 33 point win was ugly, but it was.

Trice should have had a field day and the dude has been nonexistent. Guy is quickly rocketing down the draft board.

That facemask on Odunze that resulted in the INT was blatant, but it's the Pac12 so...

I've given up on Sam Adams, kid doesn't have it.

For the amount of shit I talked about Kam Fab last year, wishing he would get gone, he looks like a different guy out there. Nice suprise.

I too would like to see Culp, Moore, and Cervesa get more touches.

I wouldn't get too excited about Kam Fab yet. He's still really bad at using angles and making tackles in space.

I had hopes for Adams too but he looks horrible. Right now it's Nixon, Ngata, and Germie. I am not a Newton fan but I still wonder WTF has taken him completely out of the RB rotation.

I saw Trice running up against a lot of double teams or combo blocks or whatever. I still think he's going to show up.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    chuck said:

Trice should have had a field day and the dude has been nonexistent. Guy is quickly rocketing down the draft board.

That facemask on Odunze that resulted in the INT was blatant, but it's the Pac12 so...

For the amount of shit I talked about Kam Fab last year, wishing he would get gone, he looks like a different guy out there. Nice suprise.

I wouldn't get too excited about Kam Fab yet. He's still really bad at using angles and making tackles in space.

I had hopes for Adams too but he looks horrible. Right now it's Nixon, Ngata, and Germie. I am not a Newton fan but I still wonder WTF has taken him completely out of the RB rotation.

I saw Trice running up against a lot of double teams or combo blocks or whatever. I still think he's going to show up.
    Never said I was getting excited about Kam, just that he has been a nice surprise through 2. I HATED (football hate, not real hate) him last year. The pick against Boise was a damn nice play on the ball. D line needs to bring it next week, MSU has a good running back. #freeDurfee

chuck said:

Never said I was getting excited about Kam,
    just that he has been a nice surprise through 2. I HATED (football hate, not real hate) him last year. The pick against Boise was a damn nice play on the ball. D line needs to bring it next week, MSU has a good running back. #freeDurfee
    Just bad wording by me. I didn't mean to say you were. He hasn't shown up in a bad way too much so far, whereas he was almost automatic in the past. Plus he has made some good plays on the ball.

The DL has been amazingly average so far. They dominated MSU last year, especially early, and that was the only reason the D could get off the field. They definitely need to step up.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm interested in how MSU reacts to this Tucker news. "Let's win one for the Tucker!" or "Fuck that guy, he's overpaid as it is." Something tells me Sparty plays lights out or dogshit horrible. No inbetween
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,236

We? Were chanting LAY-OFFS at the refs last night.
    You sir have my respect.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,752 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm interested in how MSU reacts to this Tucker news. "Let's win one for the Tucker!" or "Fuck that guy, he's overpaid as it is." Something tells me Sparty plays lights out or dogshit horrible. No inbetween

Dog shit.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,714

My coach got caught jerking off, I'm going to focus more than ever!

Yes, this is a wild card situation.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,471 Swaye's Wigwam

if we have no pass rush or running game next week we can start to talk but I can’t give a fuck about boise or tulsa

UW can literally score on Boise and Tulsa 5 different ways on each drive. I think they're bored and losing focus.

Pretty sure the Tugger Bowl vs. Spurty will bring out the intensity.
    Yup

It will be a hostile environment and that will wake them up
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,236

if we have no pass rush or running game next week we can start to talk but I can’t give a fuck about boise or tulsa

UW can literally score on Boise and Tulsa 5 different ways on each drive. I think they're bored and losing focus.

Pretty sure the Tugger Bowl vs. Spurty will bring out the intensity.
    Yup

It will be a hostile environment and that will wake them up
    Over/under on amount of tugging?