Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TBS: Just the Facts, Jack

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    *morbidly obese
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that the rankings and stars shown in the chart are all from Scout, since I actually believe if you want to follow TBS, the best way to do it is through Scout; especially if you are a fan of a team from the West Coast. Rivals and ESPN have no clue what is going on west of the Mississippi.

I think they are assigned by a committee of some sort. I think for the West Coast Biggins and Huffman are the two with the most say, but I am not sure on that.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I can't wait until Petersen puts up a better record than Sark ever did in year 1 and get to hear the lemon party trio say:

"The Pac-12 was much more STACKED when Sark was at Washington, he would have easily done what Petersen did this season"
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I can't wait until Petersen puts up a better record than Sark ever did in year 1 and get to hear the lemon party trio say:

"The Pac-12 was much more STACKED when Sark was at Washington, he would have easily done what Petersen did this season"

Peterman never had to recruit against a ranked Oregon State!
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

They will also say that Petersen is only winning because Sark left a full cupboard. It's in the script.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2014

Petersen coming in and getting Baker to switch left me no doubt he will be able to recruit. Sark had 0 chance at Budda (although doogs will claim he planted the seeds for Petersen) and Petersen was able to wrangle him in with very limited time.

Not Sark's fault. Bellevue clearly isn't known for it's sizzle and edgy talent and the kids that come out of there have no eye for the possibilities of a program built on it. Skyline and Gig Harbor put out way edgier players so I doubt Petersen will have much success at those places.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some moron over there is using Kyle Wittingham's mediocre ride through the Pac-12 as reason why Petersen will fail. Like always, when the facts came up (Wittingham stayed at the same program - Fucking Utah, and Petersen pulled in more 4-star players in his transition year than Wittingham did in his entire career at Utah) this gem came up:

"Say what you like about Sark but he is killing it at USC right now"

Yes, they're that dumb.

As for the Lemon Party Trio, I don't think the hiring of Petersen was a big deal for them, it was Petersen showing up and saying "OK, I'm not working with this frat party" - Tosh, Sirmon, Nansen, etc. That's when all the hoss94 bullshit and made-up stories started showing up - "my nephew is a surfer dude football player from SoCal and he said Pete and his staff were like Ward Cleavers"

People still think that if you have some magic coordinator on your staff you're going to pull in tons of 5-star talent even if you suck. They don't realize that good recruiting comes from FUCKING WINNING. If Pete goes 11-2 this year I will bet any fuck on that board my entire life savings that Pete will have a better recruiting class than Sark ever had. Yes, that boring old Petersen with his staff of Ward Cleavers. Just like fat, gay Chip Kelly was able to do, they will go into kid's houses and say "yeah, we're fucking winners, come to our school." They won't have to show up to kids houses woofing and wearing helmets, they won't have to make a fake jersey with the kids name on it, they won't embarrass the university by "proposing" to the kid over the phone. Peterman, Bonerpoppa, Chode, Pees, and the rest will just walk in, drop their 11-win dicks on the table and say, "impressive, isn't it? sign on the line if you want to play for a winner"

LOL. Much applause Banana.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The biggest problem with the kind of reasoning that goes on, like over on doogman, is the insistence on using somebody else for comparison purposes, since there is no present history in the PAC on Peterman. The problems start right away. First of all Peterman is not somebody else. You are comparing somebody else to Peterman. See the problem? It's not Peterman. It's somebody else you are talking about. So you can either talk about Peterman or somebody else. But if you are talking about somebody else, it isn't Peterman. Everybody get this?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Cliff notes: Just win baby. The recruiting will take care of it self.

Nothing else matters.... except 7v7 tourneys/beauty pageants.
  • Options

The biggest problem with the kind of reasoning that goes on, like over on doogman, is the insistence on using somebody else for comparison purposes, since there is no present history in the PAC on Peterman. The problems start right away. First of all Peterman is not somebody else. You are comparing somebody else to Peterman. See the problem? It's not Peterman. It's somebody else you are talking about. So you can either talk about Peterman or somebody else. But if you are talking about somebody else, it isn't Peterman. Everybody get this?

I think I've got it. Wait, no.... which one is Peterman again?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dardanus said:

Honest question: are the TBS star ratings assigned via a consensus from all scout/rivals people? Or are they rated based on one person's opinion?

I am not saying the star rating system is terrible- I know that for the most part, teams with top-25 recruiting classes are the same teams that end up in the top-25 rankings. But, if a person (ecktard) is assigning stars and is also complaining about a coach, is it possible that his biased opinion could affect the players' rating?

In other words, if he goes into it with the attitude "peterman can't recruit at this level", could he give a player 3 stars instead of 4 because he subconsciously believes that peterman can't recruit 4-star guys? I honestly don't know...maybe he doesn't have that much control over it?

I'm pretty sure the regional "experts" assign stars. From what I remember from my TBS time, that's guys like. Biggins and Hoffman or Huffman, whatever. They always seemed to be less clueless than Fagman.

Also from what I remember, There usually aren't huge discrepancies between Rivals, Scout, and the four letter. I think sometimes what's missed are the guys who developed late because they aren't on anyone's radar their sophomore and junior years. It can be because they took up football late, they hit a growth spurt late, or they just got better/got a better coach or something.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Like who????//??

That angle is his good side, has to skim off at least 100lbs

• Options

Dardanus said:

Like who????//??

That angle is his good side, has to skim off at least 100lbs

Yes, plus the painter's tarp is a very flattering color.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Good hips.

BRB, JO
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

Petersen coming in and getting Baker to switch left me no doubt he will be able to recruit. Sark had 0 chance at Budda (although doogs will claim he planted the seeds for Petersen) and Petersen was able to wrangle him in with very limited time.

Not Sark's fault. Bellevue clearly isn't known for it's sizzle and edgy talent and the kids that come out of there have no eye for the possibilities of a program built on it. Skyline and Gig Harbor put out way edgier players so I doubt Petersen will have much success at those places.
    Gig Harbor? The team that hasn't beat B Prep in like a decade?