Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

B1G update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club

1 beggars can't be choosers. Just happy to get paid more and have better matchups

2 DeBoer better beat USC like a rented mule

3. Didn't read the article

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,630 Standard Supporter
    original Athletic article which made the basis for the linked one:

2024 and beyond

The television situation streamlines in 2024 with CBS picking up a full allotment of Big Ten football. The goal is to build a consistent time frame for Big Ten football with Fox at noon ET, CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET and NBC at 7:30 p.m. ET. The Big Ten also becomes an 18-school conference with newcomers USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon.

“Those three networks for the first 42 or 45 picks — depending on the length of the season — they will select which weeks that they’ll be in the No. 1 pick position or the No. 2 pick position or the No. 3 pick position,” Kenny said. “Once you get through those top three picks in the season, for each of those weeks, then it goes to FS1, Peacock and BTN entering the draft and selecting the remaining picks in each of those weeks beyond that.”

With Fox providing the funding for the Big Ten to add Washington and Oregon next year, the Fox family of networks will air more games in non-traditional windows. That means more Friday night games and late-night Saturday kickoffs. Those games will appear on either Fox, FS1 or BTN but it’s unclear where those selections will fall in the draft process.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,204
    I’m just here for the money.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

If the B1G is smart they will do something like give the Friday night host a home game the week before and the visiting team a bye week before their Friday night road game.

Even the Pac-12 started to realize how they should schedule Friday games a little bit after a couple years of handling it horribly.

I don't mind Friday games from a TV watching experience. They should always schedule them in the college town markets though. Trying to get to the Friday night games in Seattle and LA area. nightmare. In 10+ years in LA the only time I ever thought I never was going to get somewhere because of traffic and to just sleep in my car was trying to get to a WSU/USC game on a Friday.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited August 2023
    Pac 12 titles since Carroll left

Oregon 6
    Stanford 3
    Washington 2
    Utah 2
    USC 1

That's a lot of whining for a program that barely wins anything anymore.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Oregon and Washington are gong to do butt stuff to USC in a couple months from now.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,017
    edited August 2023
    If we don't get to play Nebraska on 10pm EST on a Friday night whats even the point of being in the BIG10,
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,017
    The 10 in BIg10 stands for 10pm Est kickoffs right?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,801

Pac 12 titles since Carroll left

Oregon 5*
    Stanford 3
    Washington 2
    Utah 2
    USC 1

That's a lot of whining for a program that barely wins anything anymore.

According to Oregon fans, you didn’t win it on the field so the COVID year doesn’t count.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club