Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shouldn't Oregon be the heavy favorite?

2»

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Imagine you’re going to win anything of significance with a roster of 3* MWC ALL-Stars, that was the point.

Lanning is just getting started. He pissed two games away. It’s not like he lost to UCLA and ASU.

Are we done here, idiots?
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

So Kirby was wrong then. Coaching matters

11-2 >> 10-3

37-34

Loser

Funny how your preseason takes on Oregon have changed since before the start of last season and the start of this season.

Lots of shit talking after going 1-0 against Ducks.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wave those pom poms fags.

'Fuck Yeah'

Phil hired a Keg Boy and loved the Apple TV deal, but all is right in Shitgene..
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    You boys sounds defensive

You know I'm right about Lannbo
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 924

Lannbo is TBD. You might be right. Or wrong. LIPO.

But no sane analyst would argue that having more 4/5 stars, in isolation, lowers your odds of winning. See the list of national champions since the inception of the BCS/playoff. But of course coaching and chemistry matter, and did for all of those natty champs.

Penix is the best QB UW has had since, shit, are there any you'd choose to replace him right now if you could? I can't think of any I'd choose over him. Maybe Joe Burrow and his NFL receivers had something to do with LSU winning? And Herbert for "Coach" Meat? How did that work out for them when those chumps left? Maybe we should save the HOF induction for Coach Fats until he has to replace Penix and gets his guyses in there.

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    flatus said:

But no sane analyst would argue that having more 4/5 stars, in isolation, lowers your odds of winning. See the list of national champions since the inception of the BCS/playoff. But of course coaching and chemistry matter, and did for all of those natty champs.

Penix is the best QB UW has had since, shit, are there any you'd choose to replace him right now if you could? I can't think of any I'd choose over him. Maybe Joe Burrow and his NFL receivers had something to do with LSU winning? And Herbert for "Coach" Meat? How did that work out for them when those chumps left? Maybe we should save the HOF induction for Coach Fats until he has to replace Penix and gets his guyses in there.

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.
    5 ⭐ Quarterback Justin Herbert.
    flatus said:

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.
    Who said it lowered the odds? I said Oregon should be favored

But they aren't
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 924

flatus said:

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.

But they aren't
    Who is saying that Oregon should be the favorite because it has the most 4/5 stars? Only you as far as I can tell.

"But of course, coaching and chemistry matter."

The odds makers have 1 data point for Oregon (and most odds have Oregon 2nd behind USC, but I digress). Indeed, Lanning shit the bed last year against UW and particularly Oregon State. Nobody thinks talent alone is predictor of winning, but it is a prerequisite for winning it all.

Because of its talent, Oregon has more upside than any team in P12, but coaching and chemistry were not sufficiently strong in 1 season under Lanning to make it the favorite.

It shouldn't be the favorite. 2nd-4th is exactly where my? Ducks should be slotted given what we know.

LIPO.
    flatus said:

flatus said:

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.

But they aren't
    Who is saying that Oregon should be the favorite because it has the most 4/5 stars? Only you as far as I can tell.

The odds makers have 1 data point for Oregon (and most odds have Oregon 2nd behind USC, but I digress). Indeed, Lanning shit the bed last year against UW and particularly Oregon State. Nobody thinks talent alone is predictor of winning, but it is a prerequisite for winning it all.

Because of its talent, Oregon has more upside than any team in P12, but coaching and chemistry were not sufficiently strong in 1 season under Lanning to make it the favorite.

It shouldn't be the favorite. 2nd-4th is exactly where my? Ducks should be slotted given what we know.

LIPO.
    46 has been blathering that for months

Hope this helps

And too long didn't read
    flatus said:

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.
    Stop with the facts.

flatus said:

flatus said:

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.

But they aren't

LIPO.
    46 has been blathering that for months

Hope this helps

And too long didn't read
    Shocking that dumb dumb still doesn’t get Smart’s point. He thinks 90-11 besting the rookie HC by 3, because he shit the bed, proves his point?

flatus said:

But you know all this.

LIPO. Should be fun.
    Just stop. 90-11 is gonna be just fine when his two NFL WR’s, OL’s and QB are gone. He runs a plug and play system. Belichick like.

Oh wait!
    Triple post meltdown

Not upset

Triple post meltdown

Not upset

Race the projector. At some point you’re gonna figure out it isn’t working. Just take the L on this one, Legend.
    46XiJCAB said:

Triple post meltdown

Not upset

Race the projector. At some point you’re gonna figure out it isn’t working. Just take the L on this one, Legend.
    What did I lose?

Is there a prize?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Part of the issue is that Oregon is playing UW and Utah on the road while USC and UW both get 2 of their 3 major conference opponents at home. Given how close these three teams are, that could tip the scale.
    edited August 2023

46XiJCAB said:

Triple post meltdown

Not upset

What did I lose?

Is there a prize?
    You won the steak knives.

HTH.