Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kalen DeBoer's favorite band

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,523 Founders Club

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,806 Founders Club
    That'smycoachGIF.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,578 Founders Club
    Better than Train or Mumford and sons
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992

He grew up in South Dakota, so I'll cut him a little slack.

The only acceptable answer
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,028 Founders Club

DeBoer won't stop believing. He's a city boy born and raised in South Dakota

Anyway you want it that's the way you get it

Hey ducks who's sorry now?

Anyway @HarveyRoad and I know that Neil Schon is one of the most underrated guitar players of all time. He dragged Journey on his back to the top. And its a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll

People forget that Journey had hits before Steve Perry joined. They forget that

I was expecting DeBoer to be an Eagles guy.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,523 Founders Club
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,578 Founders Club
    edited August 2023

Anyway @HarveyRoad and I know that Neil Schon is one of the most underrated guitar players of all time. He dragged Journey on his back to the top. And its a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll

Greg Rollie is a two time hall of famer. Pretty good and unsung career
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,667 Standard Supporter

Went to the Toto/Journey concert in Spokane this spring.

Neil Schon was a'ight. Clearly an attention whore with solos that seemed to go on for weeks.

The lead guitarist guy from Toto was better.

Only the Young would Hold the Line on that one.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,288 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's the right answer. Answer basically needs to be I don't really listen to new music since I was 20 because all I've been doing since then is working from 5am to midnight and then on a boat for my two weeks off with my wife and kids listening to whatever they listen to. what did I listen to when I was 17. Journey? Sure.

Train might be the worst band ever and is for divorced women in their 40s drinking wine in the early-2000s.

Mumford and Sons is an incredible odd answer. Especially for someone from Missouri.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Neil Schon was a'ight. Clearly an attention whore with solos that seemed to go on for weeks.

The lead guitarist guy from Toto was better.

Only the Young would Hold the Line on that one.

I heard from multiples that Toto blew them off of the stage.
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992

See any pudgy, balding guys in faded t-shirts while you there?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,028 Founders Club

We Landed on the Moon!!!

Not according to some in our midst.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,975 Founders Club
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,812 Swaye's Wigwam

Journey.

TLDR: I had a Journey album once as a kid. It had some okay songs.

Longer: Remember those record company deals where you could get 6 albums for a nickel if you agreed to receive a letter every 4 weeks for like 2 years and you had to return the enclosed coupon to decline the next album they'd send. If you didn't return it you were then obligated to buy the album after they sent it to you, at some inflated price.

For reasons I don't remember I often forgot to return those decline coupons and wound up with a few albums I would have never purchased otherwise. Not only did I forget to return those decline coupons, but I also neglected to return the resulting invoices with expected payment.

That is how I wound up with a Journey album, and also Foghat, Yes, and Edgar Winter. Stuff that didn't really interest me that much... and I suspect stuff that wasn't flying off the shelves for the record company.

After some time had passed the record company began sending me collection letters demanding payment. I think they threatened legal action or something like that.

I was only 14 at the time and so my dad wrote back to the record company telling them that I wasn't old enough to enter into a contract with them and they should fuck off.

They stopped sending me records after that.

A couple of years later my lutheran church youth group decided to publish a youth group hymnal, and so we all submitted the lyrics to songs that we thought should be in the hymnal. I submitted Journey's song Wheel In The Sky, and to my surprise the youth group leader let it in -- I don't think she realized it was a song from a rock band.

Cool story I know.

And yeah, I might be going to hell.

I remember getting swindled by BMG. Same concept yet cd’s. $20 for shipping and handling. I don’t remember the other two but two of them was the chronic and doggy style. I blame those two cds for me being the way I am today. Better or worse.

CSB.