Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the Bored

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Overall, what kinds of articles do you want to see written here each week?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More soccer physics articles
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    1. I don't come here for the articles, I come here for the boreds. So I'm maybe not the best person to respond. But I'll do it anyway.

2. I like the mix of articles we have. Most focused on UW history, which is where you excel, with a sprinkling of predictions, current team analysis and a touch of Kim bashing. I like the mix. I enjoyed the in season features like Mad_Son's ramblings and CollegeDoog's Friday Forecast.

3. If you're wanting to increase readership and reach, the best way to do that is going to be an increased focus on the current team, upcoming games, and yes, TBS.

4. ?

5. Profit
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I like the former player interviews

This. I live in the past, it's all I got

Oh, and perhaps an occasional Edmonds bar/restaurant review for good measure
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just look at the pictures.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There's a front page?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2014
    I like the player interviews...I could do without the players complaining about their former coaches...we get it....it sucked.

Some backstory stuff that we can't get anywhere else....recruiting stories....why did they come to UW....stories from the road etc.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    That won't be happening this season for sure.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    HuskyJW said:

I could do without the players complaining about their former coaches...we get it....it sucked.

Some backstory stuff that we can't get anywhere else....recruiting stories....why did they come to UW....stories from the road etc.

Strories about ex players don't have to be complaining about coaches. It would be interesting to hear Steve emptmanns story from when he was a 165lb walk on to becoming a top draft pick. There is so much folklore around some of the Don James teams it would be interesting or not interesting to hear straight from the people who were there.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    Nigel Burton and Lester Towns running trains on UO cheerleaders that December in Hawaii....that sort of stuff.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

That won't be happening this season for sure.

So you're saying CP is running the Kremlin? Real nice.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    I enjoyed your podcast RIP
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A hard hitting interview with Bleenor or Berkowitz would be enlightening. We all need our occasional reminder of the giant shadow those well placed insiders cast over the rest of us.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

More soccer physics articles

I'm all for physics articles, but no thank you to soccer.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hoffmann and I are donating copies of The Husky Hitman to the current players, and Coach Petersen has accepted our offer. I'm doing that to help the current players know their heritage and I'm not doing it in order to gain access or whatever. And I wouldn't want it to appear that way.

But among some of the old guard at UW there is still some bad blood I believe.

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement (bolded). It might be interesting if you could explain. It might be interesting if you can't explain. It might be interesting either way. Or not. Either way it will be...oh fuck it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Hoffmann and I are donating copies of The Husky Hitman to the current players, and Coach Petersen has accepted our offer. I'm doing that to help the current players know their heritage and I'm not doing it in order to gain access or whatever. And I wouldn't want it to appear that way.

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement (bolded). It might be interesting if you could explain. It might be interesting if you can't explain. It might be interesting either way. Or not. Either way it will be...oh fuck it.
    Assuming he's pissed off Woodward and/or other higher ups with his book on Ty and White Guilt.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Assuming he's pissed off Woodward and/or other higher ups with his book on Ty and White Guilt.
    you're in the ballpark