Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Live from the Clubhouse Grill in Everett

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited August 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Even with our professional mics and sound equipment, we were no match tonight for the background noise and awful karaoke that competed with our football pod. We will find quieter surroundings in the future. We almost didn't post this episode but then I'd be facing some angry emails and you wouldn't want to answer my emails for a day, you just wouldn't.

And so, with all apologies in advance for the sound quality, here is our second annual Preseason Meltdown Pod.

The show opens with @backthepack (aka Fudgepacker) arguing with Pup.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Live-from-the-Clubhouse-Grill-in-Everett-e2899uv

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    still not as bad as @Swaye sex chamber
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,147
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    “Maybe Lonnie’s a low singer.”
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You should’ve gone to Honey’s

May have been less loud there.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The karaoke song list that I can remember in order of how hard I wanted to laugh at song choice:

"Lips of an Angel" Hinder
    "One Last Breath" Creed
    "In Color" Jamie Johnson
    "Crazy Rap" Afroman - This was a white person whose girlfriend filmed him the entire time
    "Heavy In Your Arms" Florence & The Machine
    A bunch of odd songs I've never heard by artists I've never heard of, which is really hard to do
  • Options
    Founders Club

The karaoke song list that I can remember in order of how hard I wanted to laugh at song choice:

"One Last Breath" Creed
    "In Color" Jamie Johnson
    "Crazy Rap" Afroman - This was a white person whose girlfriend filmed him the entire time
    A bunch of odd songs I've never heard by artists I've never heard of, which is really hard to do

Kind of disappointed that when I talked to the manager about podding there, he never mentioned that Fridays were Karaoke Night.
  • Options
    Founders Club

"One Last Breath" Creed
    "In Color" Jamie Johnson
    "Crazy Rap" Afroman - This was a white person whose girlfriend filmed him adoringly the entire time

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,212
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It was fun regardless of the losers and burnouts singing karaoke
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,119
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you guys have a circle jerk?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Waiting around for *a* beer gets so old nowadays that I'm pretty close to just being that asshole who walks up to the bar himself to order one.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

Did you guys have a circle jerk?

Jerked in a circle
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Waiting around for *a* beer gets so old nowadays that I'm pretty close to just being that asshole who walks up to the bar himself to order one.

• Options
    Founders Club

It was fun regardless of the losers and burnouts singing karaoke

Absolutely was fun just feel bad that the sound quality couldn't be better for the listeners
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I haven't listened to one in at least six months, not sure I want to hear drunk white trash singing poorly in the background but maybe I'll listen
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Problem with the service now at Washington (don't know other places) is you go to a table they ignore you for at least 10-15 minutes then if you go up to the bar they get super butthurt. It's a lose-lose.
    Then, if you don’t give them a 25% tip for bringing you a couple $9 beers, you get yelled at for being a cheap motherfucker.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

haie said:

Problem with the service now at Washington (don't know other places) is you go to a table they ignore you for at least 10-15 minutes then if you go up to the bar they get super butthurt. It's a lose-lose.
    Then, if you don’t give them a 25% tip for bringing you a couple $9 beers, you get yelled at for being a cheap motherfucker.
    You've had waitresses literally yell at you?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

haie said:

My rule of thumb is $1-$1.50 per beer unless it’s a regular bartender who’s giving free beer then she gets 40-50%
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I'm past th point of caring about that.

If a table orders a few beers, coffee, tea, whatever, server should just go pour those right away.

This dumb fuck system of having a single dedicated bartender taking a queue of drink orders is fucking stupid, created by fucking idiot managers.