Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An open letter to SEC

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
I think what we got here @SECDAWG is failure to communicate. I would hope that my "The Bell Tolls For Thee" jabs are not interpreted a personal attack or insult, but, rather, nothing more than an observation on the rapidly changing landscape of CFB. Capitalism and Big TV decided they didn't want much of the PAC 12 and it's only a matter of time until they decide that the crappy football programs of the BIG 10 and SEC- i.e., Mississippi State, Vandy, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Northwester, et al, aren't allowed an equal slice of the pie.

Regarding the good people of the State of Mississippi - I've always tried to call balls and strikes here. It's objectively true that Mississippi has the lowest per capita GDP in the United States. And all REAL historians agree - including the Southern ones - that Grant's victory at Vicksburg was one of the most brilliant campaigns in US History and the decisive turning point (along with Gettysburg) in the Union being saved.

All that being said, Mississippi has made numerous positive contributions to American culture. The state played a huge role in helping to invent rock and roll music, for example. Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Bo Didley, and Elvis, were all from Mississippi.

Furthermore, I've made many posts on this board complimenting the Southern Mississippi amenities, be it feral pig hunting, Gulf Coast salt water fishing, BBQ, etc. I'd never want to live there, but it's not a place devoid of fun stuff by any stretch of the imagination.

Now we can be frens again.

Warm Regards,

Yella

P.S. You know that Neil and Ronnie were pods right?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You really think @SECDAWG will can read that?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know. But I felt I owed to him.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,510
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bully with a conscience.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,021
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    curious board selection but agree. Maybe there’s further break away within the big 10 and sec.

but I was told all sec teams cheer for other sec teams? would Alabama say “wdgaf about piss state”? Would piss state still cheer for bama if they get booted from the new sec?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023

curious board selection but agree. Maybe there’s further break away within the big 10 and sec.

but I was told all sec teams cheer for other sec teams? would Alabama say “wdgaf about piss state”? Would piss state still cheer for bama if they get booted from the new sec?

SECDAWG is a regular of my Shoppe. Trying to not clog the main board.

For context:
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/107524/here-to-get-this-off-my-chest#latest
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,910
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bully with a conscience.
    @dnc Take notes.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    Founders Club

I think what we got here @SECDAWG is failure to communicate. I would hope that my "The Bell Tolls For Thee" jabs are not interpreted a personal attack or insult, but, rather, nothing more than an observation on the rapidly changing landscape of CFB. Capitalism and Big TV decided they didn't want much of the PAC 12 and it's only a matter of time until they decide that the crappy football programs of the BIG 10 and SEC- i.e., Mississippi State, Vandy, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Northwester, et al, aren't allowed an equal slice of the pie.

Regarding the good people of the State of Mississippi - I've always tried to call balls and strikes here. It's objectively true that Mississippi has the lowest per capita GDP in the United States. And all REAL historians agree - including the Southern ones - that Grant's victory at Vicksburg was one of the most brilliant campaigns in US History and the decisive turning point (along with Gettysburg) in the Union being saved.

All that being said, Mississippi has made numerous positive contributions to American culture. The state played a huge role in helping to invent rock and roll music, for example. Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Bo Didley, and Elvis, were all from Mississippi.

Furthermore, I've made many posts on this board complimenting the Southern Mississippi amenities, be it feral pig hunting, Gulf Coast salt water fishing, BBQ, etc. I'd never want to live there, but it's not a place devoid of fun stuff by any stretch of the imagination.

Warm Regards,

Yella

This line was my initial thought when reading the pod’s angry reply.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    Founders Club

I wanna hear @puppylove_sugarsteel thoughts.

Nothing changed with him…
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Warm Regards,

Yella

Awesome, my brotha…

I didn’t mean to get sideways withya…you very well know our past…

Thought you were dissing me and our southern brothern with all that shit rhetoric that amounts to shit. Every time SECDAWG mentions something it becomes some kind of realistic North VS South shit. Every, Time,

Naw. No need, brotha,

I got yalls back. Let’s not go there. I wouldn’t be here if that was a thing,

I appreciate the thread, effort. Really.

• Options
    Course my Pod, Derek???

He is absolutely from another planet than me..

The fish? “OMG!”

The venison!! OMG’”

DJ couldn’t stand 3 seconds in my world. And that’s OK..

I’m not fighting it dissing him about it, just totally foreign to him us hanging deer, hogs, catfish, etc from a hook and skinning their ass. He’s seen it, I’ve sent him that. We kill, skin and eat “green” Mother Earth…..ask him. Request it. From the MS Gulf Coast to the Rivers of such…

Just passing it along,..
  • Options

THE! Fucking horror…
  • Options
    BTW, I have no prob pics of us, Me, my family, or anything else, you fucking pussies…
  • Options
    There’s my “open letter”…

How bout y’all??? Bet I know…
  • Options
    This thread could actually go along way with me posting, @YellowSnow , but many needs to contribute other than talk shit.

I’ll do my part, pod.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    SECDAWG said:

THE! Fucking horror…

Yeah exactly. You couldn’t pay me a million bucks to swim in that muddy water and get attacked my a giant catfish.

I do love me some fried catfish though. That’s good eating.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,910
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

THE! Fucking horror…

Did your wife take that picture? Asken for a fren.