Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are Cuban cigars really better? Smoking a 7 year old Romeo y Julieta short Churchill.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sounds like a question @Swaye could answer.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I've always assumed it was like saying New York has the best pizza. Maybe something about the barometric pressure and water of that location, but most people probably can't tell the difference.

With that said, I've never smoked a Cuban. So I dunno.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,355
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My Dominicans and Nicaraguans taste pretty good

Especially in THIS economy
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    Swaye's Wigwam

My first cuban cigar experience in London was a great success.

But yeah, that's a once every few years thing for me.

Carrillo, Padron, Davidoff, all seem to be treating me just fine at $14 to $20 a stick in this economy. That's my redline for not getting divorced.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,505
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Carrillo, Padron, Davidoff, all seem to be treating me just fine at $14 to $20 a stick in this economy. That's my redline for not getting divorced.
    That's no different than a nice cocktail or glass of wine when going out. Tell the wife to chill.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023

That's no different than a nice cocktail or glass of wine when going out. Tell the wife to chill.
    Bruh, I fear where getting too far outside of the Brier wheelhouse with technically profecient cigar smoking hawt takes.

To be clear, MrsSnow finds no issue with my $14.00 to $20.00 per cigar habit which is about the same price that one would pay for a nice cocktail or after dinner scotch or bourbon at your local fine dining establishment.

But go send a smoke signal to @Swaye to axe how much it costs to order a box of Cohibas of Trinidads from Switzerland and report back to me.

I'm upper middle class baller, but not REAL money baller.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I have never smoked a cigar in my life, let alone ordered from the Swiss. Figured you were talking about some shit you could buy at your local rez/smoke shop, not some $1,000 a box shit.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Several years ago I was in the Dominican Republic, a local (of Cuban origin, but NOT @creepycoug) took me to the market in Santo Domingo, so I could buy a couple of boxes of cubanos to smuggle bring home. He told me that when Fidel got his guysm in there, many tobacco families got a bunch of seed out, to the DR, Nicaragua, and Honduras. He said that while there are subtle differences, the good sticks from elsewhere all were Cuban seed, originally...made sense. I don't smoke enough to tell the difference, and smoked DR cohibas when I was hanging at the cigar room at Daniel's in Bellevue...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have never smoked a cigar in my life, let alone ordered from the Swiss. Figured you were talking about some shit you could buy at your local rez/smoke shop, not some $1,000 a box shit.

I know Brier and I figured as much.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Several years ago I was in the Dominican Republic, a local (of Cuban origin, but NOT @creepycoug) took me to the market in Santo Domingo, so I could buy a couple of boxes of cubanos to smuggle bring home. He told me that when Fidel got his guysm in there, many tobacco families got a bunch of seed out, to the DR, Nicaragua, and Honduras. He said that while there are subtle differences, the good sticks from elsewhere all were Cuban seed, originally...made sense. I don't smoke enough to tell the difference, and smoked DR cohibas when I was hanging at the cigar room at Daniel's in Bellevue...

Was Kim there ?
  • Options

Fishpo31 said:

Was Kim there ?
    That must be why my wife could never get the happy hour cab that drinks like a merlot…they were always out of it
  • Options
    Founders Club

Middle class bedroom community with $1mil plus houses. Lol
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I drove down my old Seattle street back in June. Mostly $900K to 1.3 range stuff. It seemed way grosser than I remembered.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I drove down my old Seattle street back in June. Mostly $900K to 1.3 range stuff. It seemed way grosser than I remembered.
    Key word being Seattle.
  • Options
    I am officially back in the game…hooked up with my college roomie today at his son’s house, who recently moved into the area. He’s a cigar guy now, and great gramps, grandpa, papa and old rooms had a sesh on the deck (10 year old grandson was not included)…Golden Phoenix Cohiba…don’t know quality, prestige or price, but I got that taste…