Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rip Van Winkle awakes

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
https://si.com/college/2023/08/07/ncaa-conference-realignment-charlie-baker-statement

NCAA president Charlie Baker issued a statement to Sports Illustrated on Monday emphasizing his concerns with the recent realignment moves within college athletics, asking for major-college leaders to work together in areas that "impact student-athlete well-being and competitive equity issues."

“I share concerns about the impact that the recent spate of conference realignment activities will have on student-athletes’ well-being," Baker said in the statement. "The recent conference moves highlight what I found during my review of the issues facing the NCAA – the growing gap between well-resourced Division I schools and the rest of the division is highly disruptive for all of DI and college sports overall. I believe DI university and college presidents, commissioners and the NCAA should work together to explore ways to address the impact this growing gap is having on student-athlete well-being and the competitive equity issues across the division.”

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,942 Founders Club
    Did the Pac12 network ever have a good match up in football?

I think USC vs the Beav last year was the best game ever shown live on Larry Scott’s innovative TV network.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club
    You have no idea the damage Mark Emmert did to the program
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

With a 10 game B1G schedule there should be enough good games for the Big 10 Network to show teams other than Maryland and Rutgers

And I can watch rather easily

With the expanded playoffs no reason to not play tough non con games. Got to give TV what they want

There will be breathers in league play like Purdue

I kid

That would be dope. Good old days
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam
    I legit had no idea who is the president of the NCAA. I guess that pretty much sums it up.
  • Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 468

https://si.com/college/2023/08/07/ncaa-conference-realignment-charlie-baker-statement

NCAA president Charlie Baker issued a statement to Sports Illustrated on Monday emphasizing his concerns with the recent realignment moves within college athletics, asking for major-college leaders to work together in areas that "impact student-athlete well-being and competitive equity issues."

“I share concerns about the impact that the recent spate of conference realignment activities will have on student-athletes’ well-being," Baker said in the statement. "The recent conference moves highlight what I found during my review of the issues facing the NCAA – the growing gap between well-resourced Division I schools and the rest of the division is highly disruptive for all of DI and college sports overall. I believe DI university and college presidents, commissioners and the NCAA should work together to explore ways to address the impact this growing gap is having on student-athlete well-being and the competitive equity issues across the division.”

Michael Scott could run it better
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

This guy just woke up and realized his job was irrelevant and this statement is all he could do.

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    This Charlie guy needs to get fucked in the ass with a conical cheese grater, throwing down the "what about the children" argument. I hate that shit.

P2 is going to rule in the end. Can't stop what's coming.

Wait, isn't P2 ruling already?