Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Welcome to Big Ten

Hello Washington fans,

I just wanted to welcome you to the B1G. This whole conference expansion/realignment whirlwind is difficult to follow but we're clearly in a new reality.

With that said, I do feel that Washington is a good institutional fit for the league in terms of its academic reputation, history with B1G through the Rose Bowl and its level of fan support. The last part is key because while Stanford and Cal are outstanding schools, I'm not sure it's a good look to add teams to the league who struggle to fill the stadium (UCLA aside).

It's not like there is no history between Michigan and Washington. The 92-93 Rose Bowls were memorable, as was the home and home series in 01-02. I'm looking forward to regular games going forward. Obviously no idea on the scheduling format, but I'd think either a 1-8-8 format (for 9 games) or 3-7-7 (if we move to league games) is likely since it doesn't really make any sense to have USC, Washington, Oregon and UCLA join the league and not play the big brands (OSU, PSU, UM) on a semi-regular basis.

Anyway, good luck and look forward to seeing you in the league in 24.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,900 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Very nice of you. Almost classy…
    Now Fuck off and DIAFF.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,308 Founders Club
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice comments. Thank you for your civility.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,497 Swaye's Wigwam
    The fact that you didn't beat Jimmy Lake by more is an embarrassment and proof that Michigan football should pea patch the stadium
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,978 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MiamiWolv said:

Hello Washington fans,

I just wanted to welcome you to the B1G. This whole conference expansion/realignment whirlwind is difficult to follow but we're clearly in a new reality.

With that said, I do feel that Washington is a good institutional fit for the league in terms of its academic reputation, history with B1G through the Rose Bowl and its level of fan support. The last part is key because while Stanford and Cal are outstanding schools, I'm not sure it's a good look to add teams to the league who struggle to fill the stadium (UCLA aside).

It's not like there is no history between Michigan and Washington. The 92-93 Rose Bowls were memorable, as was the home and home series in 01-02. I'm looking forward to regular games going forward. Obviously no idea on the scheduling format, but I'd think either a 1-8-8 format (for 9 games) or 3-7-7 (if we move to league games) is likely since it doesn't really make any sense to have USC, Washington, Oregon and UCLA join the league and not play the big brands (OSU, PSU, UM) on a semi-regular basis.

Anyway, good luck and look forward to seeing you in the league in 24.

Failing to start your post with a land acknowledgment is not the best first impression you can make with us.
    To the tune of “This Land is Your Land,” here’s my land acknowledgment:

This land is my land
    This land ain’t your land
    I got a shotgun
    and you ain’t got one
    I’ll blow your head off
    if you don’t get off
    This land is private property

• coronabruincoronabruin Member Posts: 1,481
    @Swaye ???!!!! TRUE??!!1