Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Is the Big 10 Conference ready for Hardcore Husky Malarkey?

2»

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,723 Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't wait until Race's minions post 5 reasons in traditional Chinese on all their message boards
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,381 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd expect an improvement in game times. I figure the latest games we get in conference that aren't against the ducks, and LA schools will be 5:30. All of the other schools are Central or Eastern Time Zones, and I'd venture this part of the schedule for home games will aim to keep those schools from starting too late. I'd agree we? might get some 9 am games on the road, and honestly, I'm all for that. Not far off of what we get with the NFL. I'm personally hoping the latest games at home are 4:30.

Central:
    Minn
    Wisc
    Illinois
    Northwestern
    Iowa
    Neb

Eastern:
    Purdue
    Indiana
    Mich
    MSU
    OSU
    Pedo
    Mary
    Rutgers

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,497 Swaye's Wigwam

I'd expect an improvement in game times. I figure the latest games we get in conference that aren't against the ducks, and LA schools will be 5:30. All of the other schools are Central or Eastern Time Zones, and I'd venture this part of the schedule for home games will aim to keep those schools from starting too late. I'd agree we? might get some 9 am games on the road, and honestly, I'm all for that. Not far off of what we get with the NFL. I'm personally hoping the latest games at home are 4:30.

Central:
    Minn
    Wisc
    Illinois
    Northwestern
    Iowa
    Neb

Eastern:
    Purdue
    Indiana
    Mich
    MSU
    OSU
    Pedo
    Mary
    Rutgers

I imagine there's still the odd 7 o'clock home games against Minnesota or northwestern types?

Also doubt there are any road 9 am games. We are not Minnesota nor Northwestern
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,381 Swaye's Wigwam
    12 oclock starts on the east coast. Again, the NFL can do it just an hour later, and from a travel standpoint, probably a little preferred. Just speculating, but I'd wager that as part of voting to add the teams, there were guarantees games are not starting past 7:30 on the road out west. Just like you would on the west coast, you lose a lot of casual viewers with games starting at 9:30. The other conundrum for the eastern teams playing late, they lose those hours flying east, so leaving a UW game ending at 7-8. Wrap up post game to 9 - 9:30. Flight probably leaves at 11. You're landing in Chicago at 5 AM. I'd venture teams fly out of local airports but a lot of those dudes aren't getting back to their place until 6 and getting shit for sleep. I'm guessing schools push for earlier games out west as a result.

I know later games tended to get better ratings in the P12, but I've thought from a national perspectives, getting your games played earlier, and highlights shown throughout the day as a much better option.

I like dealing in hypotheticals.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,723 Swaye's Wigwam

12 oclock starts on the east coast. Again, the NFL can do it just an hour later, and from a travel standpoint, probably a little preferred. Just speculating, but I'd wager that as part of voting to add the teams, there were guarantees games are not starting past 7:30 on the road out west. Just like you would on the west coast, you lose a lot of casual viewers with games starting at 9:30. The other conundrum for the eastern teams playing late, they lose those hours flying east, so leaving a UW game ending at 7-8. Wrap up post game to 9 - 9:30. Flight probably leaves at 11. You're landing in Chicago at 5 AM. I'd venture teams fly out of local airports but a lot of those dudes aren't getting back to their place until 6 and getting shit for sleep. I'm guessing schools push for earlier games out west as a result.

I know later games tended to get better ratings in the P12, but I've thought from a national perspectives, getting your games played earlier, and highlights shown throughout the day as a much better option.

I like dealing in hypotheticals.

Chip Kelly said the earliest their game would be in EST would be 3:30 (so 12:30 Pacific).

I imagine the latest we'll start when playing eastern teams is 5:00 and, from CST, 6:00.