Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here to get this off my chest

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2023
    ntxduck said:

Thank you UW. Seriously. Being stuck in the pac would have been the end of both programs. It’s why sc left and wanted to block
    Oregon and UW badly —they were trying to kill off any other competitive programs out west.

I’m gonna get drunk tonight because this was really stressing me out. I didn’t have faith in mullens or Cohen. But they got it done. I love all of you.

The Midwest hates all that you stand for and only brought you on for late night content. You will enjoy the worst schedules and will eventually be Illini status.

You and Oregon will be the first tangible victims of the culture war.

Your fantasy of “they wouldn’t have invited us unless they wanted us” will be shattered by 2026. You’re both fillers for the real realignment.

When you go to most schools, most students will wonder why Washington is in the league now. And the History major will say well, they won a Rose Bowl against Purdue 25 years ago.

And belly laughs will ensue.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    dnc said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Thank you UW. Seriously. Being stuck in the pac would have been the end of both programs. It’s why sc left and wanted to block
    Oregon and UW badly —they were trying to kill off any other competitive programs out west.

I’m gonna get drunk tonight because this was really stressing me out. I didn’t have faith in mullens or Cohen. But they got it done. I love all of you.

The Midwest hates all that you stand for and only brought you on for late night content. You will enjoy the worst schedules and will eventually be Illini status.

Your fantasy of “they wouldn’t have invited us unless they wanted us” will be shattered by 2026. You’re both fillers for the real realignment.
    There there buddy. I know it's been a rough day.

Might be tim to take a walk with the wife and get some perspective.
    It has. But y’all don’t fit in with the conference that you are moving to.

The perception of your beliefs matters now in todays world, even in College Football. When a new worker on your team comes in on Monday Morning, you are watching their every move to see if you are going to trust them to truly be a part of the team.

When 4 new schools from the West Coast come into a Mid West dominated conference, there will be some of the same scrutiny. Just on a much higher level.

None of this stuff is in the paper of course, it’s on the wall. And perception is reality.

If you come out and go 6-1 in 2024, then there won’t be shit talk. But if you hit 3-3, look the fuck out.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

dnc said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

The perception of your beliefs matters now in todays world, even in College Football. When a new worker on your team comes in on Monday Morning, you are watching their every move to see if you are going to trust them to truly be a part of the team.

When 4 new schools from the West Coast come into a Mid West dominated conference, there will be some of the same scrutiny. Just on a much higher level.

None of this stuff is in the paper of course, it’s on the wall. And perception is reality.

If you come out and go 6-1 in 2024, then there won’t be shit talk. But if you hit 3-3, look the fuck out.
    Thank you for THINKING and CARING about our well being.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Kaepsknee said:

dnc said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Thank you for THINKING and CARING about our well being.
    Caring is sharing.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

pawz said:

The B1G should have taken Stanford and/or Cal over Oregon.

Academis
    Tradition
    Bay Area Market
    Brand Identity/Similarity

You’re lucky you have uncle Phil, not Warshington.

Don’t be a dick.Oregon draws ratings and are seen as innovative. Was that with Phil’s money? Sure, but they still had to do shit with it. The Bay Area didn’t watch Stanford even when they had Andrew luck. It’s not a college sports region.
    It’s goofy to believe Cal and Stanford matter because they are in the Bay Area and it’s an important market. This isn’t professional sports. The highest rated teams on television are not from huge markets. Cal and Stanford don’t give a fuck about football and have never gotten large attendances or high tv ratings.
    I believe @pawz wasn't entirely serious is making his post.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

When you go to most schools, most students will wonder why Washington is in the league now. And the History major will say well, they won a Rose Bowl against Purdue 25 years ago.

Seeing the progressive stages of grief in real time from Kaep has been quite the scene. All the Cougs I know have gone radio silent so thank you for providing the entertainment.

Best of luck to WSU on that $3 million per year MWC tv deal.
    Thank me for my service.

But if you aren’t mourning at Least a little yourself.

You’re are a low info POS. More akin to a young rich and cool Duckfan.

Something that was always known to most around here anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Let me get this straight. The fans of other schools might talk shit if we? don't show up and dominate? Look out! Lolz.

This involves money and positioning in the sport that pays for all the other shit about which the limp wristed crowd cares so much. It's a home run for UW and UO, given how the table was already set. It elevates recruiting, national visibility, facilities development, alumni giving ... you name it. The alternative is already playing out: become Mountain West +. There is no spinning out of that. Pac 12 helped elevate Cuog, Beav, Arizonas and Cal. They brought little to the table, though admittedly Cal brought history, old though it was. So entirely predictable that Cuog, Beav etc. would feel jilted. We? understand. Don't go away mad. Just go away. Or something.
    They brought little to the table other than consistent victories in the TV PAC 12 era. STFU greaseball. Stick to your abhorrent lawyer talk that no one GAF about.

You will probably be pegged, and hard in the East division with frequent trips to Maryland and Rutgers. The new Fish like you will be butt raped schedule wise and the whole West Coast is here for it.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

So, Oregon and Oregon will be the first tangible victims of the culture war. According to whom? Brian Kelly and Brain Kelly?

For fucks sake, junior. Call it a night.
    When you're hitting the keyboard with both fists, these kinds of gaffes are bound to happen.
  • Options
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

Let me get this straight. The fans of other schools might talk shit if we? don't show up and dominate? Look out! Lolz.

This involves money and positioning in the sport that pays for all the other shit about which the limp wristed crowd cares so much. It's a home run for UW and UO, given how the table was already set. It elevates recruiting, national visibility, facilities development, alumni giving ... you name it. The alternative is already playing out: become Mountain West +. There is no spinning out of that. Pac 12 helped elevate Cuog, Beav, Arizonas and Cal. They brought little to the table, though admittedly Cal brought history, old though it was. So entirely predictable that Cuog, Beav etc. would feel jilted. We? understand. Don't go away mad. Just go away. Or something.
    They brought little to the table other than consistent victories in the TV PAC 12 era. STFU greaseball. Stick to your abhorrent lawyer talk that no one GAF about.

You will probably be pegged, and hard in the East division with frequent trips to Maryland and Rutgers. The new Fish like you will be butt raped schedule wise and the whole West Coast is here for it.
    Greaseball? Lawyer talk?

Take it back Cuog.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

ntxduck said:

4 conference road games and least 1 of those will be a game in Eugene or LA.

So 3 trips to the rust belt a year.

lol.

To your other point, no WSU and Oregon State weren't bringing much. The Big 12 takes Cincinnati without their unicorn coach and UCF but they wouldn't take you. Says it all.

WSU's success came about because a coach locked an ESPN employee's kid in a closet.

Last year was Oregon State's only Pac 12 era year of being good.

Stanford died with the early signing period.