Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here to get this off my chest

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Singing songs about the south-land
    I miss 'ole' 'bamy once again and I think it's a sin
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

All the Pac 12 schools have professors like these and no one with any power on those campuses gives a shit about what they think.

They know that a prominent state university without football involvement is like creating a startup with no marketing whatsoever.

Only exceptions are schools like Gonzaga and Villanova and really who gives a shit about them.

Unless you’re an Ivy League school, athletics (be it intramural or semi-pro) is usually a good thing for the university, and I really don’t understand why there are still people that don’t understand it’s a symbiotic relationship.

I will however stick up for some of these professors and acknowledge that it’s not realistic for all schools to have big football programs (just like every college doesn’t need an anthropology department). The athletic arms race has gotten out of hand, and many are going bankrupt trying to keep up.

Cal and Stanford should get rid of football and basketball and stick to Olympic sports. They don’t need the FREE PUB! that football and basketball bring.

For the Coug and Beavs, it’s a little more tricky. They’re not national brands outside of CFB junkies. They’re certainly not some no name liberal arts school or community college either. Honestly the MWC is actually a perfect fit for them, as they won’t feel the pressure to spend as much money on sports, while still enjoying the benefits of having a program.

Things always change too…WSU and OSU continue to grow. They can join up with someone else when there’s another realignment.
    It's a good conversation to have.

We need to speed up the process of sorting out the Universities that can support an entire AD based off the market value of their football brand and those that can't.

The era of tit sucking of the have nots from the haves needs to come to an end once and for all.

The bell tolls for thee @SECDAWG
    The “bell tolls” of the SEC are nonexistent,
    Pod.

No one, including me, understands what yer talking about. And I mean no one. What you need to do is fly down here and ask someone most of this dumb shit, this Grant and all the rest of this shit you talk…I will arrange it. “Grant, League, Coug, “CFB May be dying”…

fk, all of that shit. It’s shit. Every bit of it. Shit. Wanna converse about it? I’ll be glad to. I’m yer Huckleberry. I’m tired of your beating down my area of the US. I’ve been friends with ya. We’ve traded pics. I can tell you now, don’t say another fucking word about the south with yer biased shit…I can almost bet many have seen this coming. STFU. Or GTFO. You and yer West coast fkery, Puh.

Sorry y’all, guess I’ve seen too much from
    This guy. I won’t tolerate it from no one, not a sole.
    What Yeller was saying is that at some point the schools which are part of the 2 major conferences but suck at football all the time are going to be questioned as to why they get equal revenue sharing and get potentially kicked out of the club.
    My understanding was that your primary SEC! SEC! school is Mississippi State. Which, I think we can all agree, is in the bottom 30% of SEC football schools based on performance.

There will come a day when the Michigan/OSU/PSU/USC/Georgia/Bama/LSU/Florida/Texas/Oklahomas of the world will look at the Northwestern/Purdue/Rutgers/Vanderbilt/South Carolina/MSUs of the world and say "why are we subsidizing you? GTFO"

Fox and ESPN run college football now and as profit maximizing entities they aren't going to pay for properties which don't drive revenue. So either the blue bloods take a discount to keep the crap teams in the club, the crap teams take a big discount, or they join the likes of WSU, Stanford and Oregon State with no seat at the table.
    Yes. This is what I was saying.

• Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama will be BACK this year. Cook it!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

UW invented Southern football

Race was there
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well I was born in Mississippi
    And I don't take any stuff from you
    And if I hit you on your head
    Boy, it's got to make you black and blue

Now this is a REAL Deep Track @JoeEDangerously
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

All the Pac 12 schools have professors like these and no one with any power on those campuses gives a shit about what they think.

They know that a prominent state university without football involvement is like creating a startup with no marketing whatsoever.

Only exceptions are schools like Gonzaga and Villanova and really who gives a shit about them.

Unless you’re an Ivy League school, athletics (be it intramural or semi-pro) is usually a good thing for the university, and I really don’t understand why there are still people that don’t understand it’s a symbiotic relationship.

I will however stick up for some of these professors and acknowledge that it’s not realistic for all schools to have big football programs (just like every college doesn’t need an anthropology department). The athletic arms race has gotten out of hand, and many are going bankrupt trying to keep up.

Cal and Stanford should get rid of football and basketball and stick to Olympic sports. They don’t need the FREE PUB! that football and basketball bring.

For the Coug and Beavs, it’s a little more tricky. They’re not national brands outside of CFB junkies. They’re certainly not some no name liberal arts school or community college either. Honestly the MWC is actually a perfect fit for them, as they won’t feel the pressure to spend as much money on sports, while still enjoying the benefits of having a program.

Things always change too…WSU and OSU continue to grow. They can join up with someone else when there’s another realignment.

We need to speed up the process of sorting out the Universities that can support an entire AD based off the market value of their football brand and those that can't.

The era of tit sucking of the have nots from the haves needs to come to an end once and for all.

Pod.

No one, including me, understands what yer talking about. And I mean no one. What you need to do is fly down here and ask someone most of this dumb shit, this Grant and all the rest of this shit you talk…I will arrange it. “Grant, League, Coug, “CFB May be dying”…

fk, all of that shit. It’s shit. Every bit of it. Shit. Wanna converse about it? I’ll be glad to. I’m yer Huckleberry. I’m tired of your beating down my area of the US. I’ve been friends with ya. We’ve traded pics. I can tell you now, don’t say another fucking word about the south with yer biased shit…I can almost bet many have seen this coming. STFU. Or GTFO. You and yer West coast fkery, Puh.

What Yeller was saying is that at some point the schools which are part of the 2 major conferences but suck at football all the time are going to be questioned as to why they get equal revenue sharing and get potentially kicked out of the club.
    My understanding was that your primary SEC! SEC! school is Mississippi State. Which, I think we can all agree, is in the bottom 30% of SEC football schools based on performance.

There will come a day when the Michigan/OSU/PSU/USC/Georgia/Bama/LSU/Florida/Texas/Oklahomas of the world will look at the Northwestern/Purdue/Rutgers/Vanderbilt/South Carolina/MSUs of the world and say "why are we subsidizing you? GTFO"

Fox and ESPN run college football now and as profit maximizing entities they aren't going to pay for properties which don't drive revenue. So either the blue bloods take a discount to keep the crap teams in the club, the crap teams take a big discount, or they join the likes of WSU, Stanford and Oregon State with no seat at the table.

Sometimes the world needs a faux southern boy like me to translate without the bullying that comes from @dnc.

Hwat?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

Pod.

Sometimes the world needs a faux southern boy like me to translate without the bullying that comes from @dnc.

Hwat?
    True, I need to rely more upon our Northern Virginia gentlemen and scholars like @whlinder and @Swaye to help translate. Or maybe pull in @dnc since he's a Mississippi guysm.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023

Cause down in Alabama you can run but you sure can’t hide
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mississippi Queen or GTFO
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Cause down in Alabama you can run but you sure can’t hide
    Well I ride to Alabama
    With my pistols out about my side
    Well I ride to Alabama
    With my pistols out about my side
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

SECDAWG said:

Can’t do it…

I like @YellowSnow

We’ve been pods from way back…but he seems to be pushing it. Pushing hard.

I don’t know if it’s because he has left WA to
    Oregon and got soft and not “logger tuff” or he has just became a hater of the south and. Complete fag, limp wristed no good sumbitch…

He’s lost his gatdamn mind if he thinks a guy like me from the souf would abandon him.

He’s made his bed. I’m me. And will always be me. I can guarantee @coronabruin knows me. ..

The likes of @YellowSnow dissing me is disturbing.

@YellowSnow would be absolutely best to STFU about anything about the South.

Just stay in his small lane.

Easy their pod. Oregon is the south for us Cascadia folk. Might be you have more in common than you know? Feel free to meet in neutral Victoria for a citrus lager and talk terms of peace with the row Peter puffer
    @Canadawg is right though. I mean, if we're talking pure geography, BC kicks the shit out of either WA or OR. Way better fishing and skiing.

54-40 or fight!!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,997
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

Pod.

Hwat?
    True, I need to rely more upon our Northern Virginia gentlemen and scholars like @whlinder and @Swaye to help translate. Or maybe pull in @dnc since he's a Mississippi guysm.
    My condolences @dnc
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

Pod.

Hwat?
    My condolences @dnc
    Thankfully I live in the literate part of Mississippi, not the pod part of Mississippi.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

Pod.

Hwat?
    My condolences @dnc
    Thankfully I live in the literate part of Mississippi, not the pod part of Mississippi.

NGL I hated that book with a fiery burning passion.

Only book I ever just said screw it and bought the Cliffs Notes.

I am not made for "a tale told by an idiot".
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

SECDAWG said:

haie said:

Pod.

Hwat?
    My condolences @dnc

NGL I hated that book with a fiery burning passion.

Only book I ever just said screw it and bought the Cliffs Notes.

I am not made for "a tale told by an idiot".
    I've never read it. But Faulkner is who usually comes to mind when we start talking about literate MS.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2023
    Hank Williams sang it, Number Three drove it
    Chuck Berry twanged it, Will Faulkner wrote it
    Aretha Franklin sold it, Dolly Parton graced it
    Rosa Parks rode it, Scarlett O. chased it
    Smooth as the hickory wind
    That blows from Memphis down to Apalachicola
    It's, "Hi y'all, did ya eat well?
    Come on in, I'm sure glad to know ya"
    Don't let this old gold cross
    And this Allman Brothers t-shirt throw ya
    It's cicadas making noise
    With the Southern voice

---
    ETA: Shout out to Tim McGraw who foretold the SEC's expansion into Missouri by a year with his assignment of St. Louis native Chuck Berry to the south.