Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Arizona State Sun Devils are not a top candidate to leave Pac-12

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,945
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

I’ll withhold my comments until I hear from future Taco Bell franchisee @Pitchfork51
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unless something changes where the Big 12/ESPN agrees to some partial shares, this could get hilariously bad with 3 remaining spots for 5 Pac 12 teams.

Oregon State and Wazzu are now going to get aggressive if they haven't been already (the NW school who reached out last week was Beavlet).

If ASU and Utah fuck around too much with their blind loyalty to the Pac, thinking that there is just always going to be 2 spots waiting for them, they could end up getting fucked.

Yormark might end up deciding that he has two Northwest schools giving him pacific time zone slots that fill out his 16 teams, who will sign right now, and then he already has Arizona and BYU, so why does he need to get redundant in those markets?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What's the deal with Arizona and ASU sharing a board of directors? That would seem to make it nearly impossible for one, but not both, schools to leave.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

What's the deal with Arizona and ASU sharing a board of directors? That would seem to make it nearly impossible for one, but not both, schools to leave.

Likely when the state was formed, the 3 universities (including NAU) were brought under one board for simplifying higher education in AZ
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,553
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Arizona didn't become a state until 1948 or something

Allegedly
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Unless something changes where the Big 12/ESPN agrees to some partial shares, this could get hilariously bad with 3 remaining spots for 5 Pac 12 teams.

Oregon State and Wazzu are now going to get aggressive if they haven't been already (the NW school who reached out last week was Beavlet).

If ASU and Utah fuck around too much with their blind loyalty to the Pac, thinking that there is just always going to be 2 spots waiting for them, they could end up getting fucked.

Yormark might end up deciding that he has two Northwest schools giving him pacific time zone slots that fill out his 16 teams, who will sign right now, and then he already has Arizona and BYU, so why does he need to get redundant in those markets?

By 2050 Phoenix and Tucson will be a metroplex of 10M people. Hint, the entire market isn't UA. ASU has nearly 80K students on their 4 campuses in the Phoenix area. Imagine being the guy who goes with WSU or OSU over ASU.

Meanwhile back in Pullshit and Cornvalley? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sorry Haie, the Big 12 commish isn't retarded. He will wait for ASU like a constipated person waits for that turd to come.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,581
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

This. If I’m the rest of northwest I’m pumping my talents, tv numbers and upgraded facilities to the B12.