Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Listening to most recent Say Who Say Pod

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,456 Founders Club
edited July 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
I'm 75 minutes in. Really good discussion.

Danny said something like with Colorado leaving the Pac-12 realizes it got dumped by the ugly chick (or something like that)

Danny thinks Kalashnikov should resign. Nobody can take anything he says as grounded in reality. But he doesn't blame him.

Danny and Christian vaguely put blame on Pac-12 presidents but don't seem to want to criticize Cauce. (That's how I read it. Danny might think that's an unfair assessment.)

Danny doesn't think any of this is the ADs' fault.

Christian summed things up well that the Pac-12's achilles heel has always been arrogance. They think they're above the Big 12.

The Big 12 has recovered well from losing Texas and Oklahoma because they want to succeed.

The Pac 12 is collapsing from its arrogance and impotence (my words but that was the gist)

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Is there incessant giggling?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

Yes
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam

Danny holds off for a while.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,456 Founders Club

Danny has barely giggled at all
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

FSU reported to be actively working to ditch ACC. B1G or SEC?

If they go B1G and pull Clemson along, the Big-12 will suddenly become that 1am chick to Oregon and Washington.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

If they go B1G and pull Clemson along, the Big-12 will suddenly become that 1am chick to Oregon and Washington.

No, I think NC, Miami, Stanford and ND would be their dream scenario. Notre Dame is their brass ring. With the carrots of Miami and Stanford in tow the B1G then has pretty much all of ND's traditional rivals. Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Stanford, Penn st, USC and they then own the Convicts vs Catholics game. Unless UW has a wink wink agreement with the B10 that 24 teams is on the horizon then they should take the B12 money and run. If they get left without a seat they could be forced to play in a MountainPAC conference or pair with the likewise dregs of the ACC and and align with such athletic juggernauts as Duke, BC, Wake Forrest, NC State, Louisville and Syracuse. I also have a feeling that if the P12 dissolves that the B12 could turn around and take that Apple deal. Yormark is aggressive and shrewd. How much would that increase their payment? would they be up to 45 million? That pays a lot of bills.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785

46XiJCAB said:

No, I think NC, Miami, Stanford and ND would be their dream scenario. Notre Dame is their brass ring. With the carrots of Miami and Stanford in tow the B1G then has pretty much all of ND's traditional rivals. Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Stanford, Penn st, USC and they then own the Convicts vs Catholics game. Unless UW has a wink wink agreement with the B10 that 24 teams is on the horizon then they should take the B12 money and run. If they get left without a seat they could be forced to play in a MountainPAC conference or pair with the likewise dregs of the ACC and and align with such athletic juggernauts as Duke, BC, Wake Forrest, NC State, Louisville and Syracuse. I also have a feeling that if the P12 dissolves that the B12 could turn around and take that Apple deal. Yormark is aggressive and shrewd. How much would that increase their payment? would they be up to 45 million? That pays a lot of bills.
    I can’t wait to quit football

46XiJCAB said:

Agreed the dream scenario of the eggheads but where eyeballs are concerned FSU is second only to ND. The B1G should scoop up FSU and UM giving them So. Cal and FL. Imagine a scenario where they have a tOSU v. FSU or UM v. UM as a Saturday Noon game with SC v. PSU as the nightcap. And now become even more attractive to recruits in those States.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,538 Swaye's Wigwam
    Blaming the AD's is like blaming middle management. There's plenty to fire Cohen over but this issue is simply UW upper campus needs to go be best at everything. We? are already the flagship school in the region in academies. Time to go to the playoffs regularly and make the LA schools and Oregon cry more.
    haie said:

Blaming the AD's is like blaming middle management. There's plenty to fire Cohen over but this issue is simply UW upper campus needs to go be best at everything. We? are already the flagship school in the region in academies. Time to go to the playoffs regularly and make the LA schools and Oregon cry more.

Cry more?

In 2024 you'll be dogfighting with ASU for 4th place.
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Cry more?

Pour these tears into my stein.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,564 Founders Club
    My guess is they don’t want to publicly be criticizing women leaders. Cauce and Cohen are a big part of the conference downfall. They allowed Larry Scott to continue his warpath and weren’t proactive enough in the best interests of UW when the could have had some leverage.
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Cry more?

Hard facts are hard.
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Cry more?

Hard facts are hard.
    Facts hurt too.
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Cry more?

Hard facts are hard.
    Imagine being so stupid that you think a biased prediction, not rooted in anything tangible whatsoever, is a fact.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,279 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't really put any blame on Klianakov or whatever his fucking name is. I think he walked into forgone conclusion of a loss unless he could have somehow convinced the LA schools to stay but I think they're just running from the losing situation he walked into.

My blame for the death of the Pac-12 lies with:

1. Uncontrollable demographic and culture shifts in the region. A lot of the rest stem from this in some way too
    2. The struggles of the conference's flagship programs the past 20 years (USC post Pete, UW, UCLA, and ASU never being anything when they could be like fucking west coast Georgia with their instate talent)
    3. Poor conference management
    4. Poor school president management
    5. Long term effect of national media disinterest
    6. Other conferences realizing they should run modern offenses with passing QBs
    I am starting to laugh at all the Oregon message boards and threads that boast what a great national brand Oregon is and yet……
    LawDawg1 said:

I am starting to laugh at all the Oregon message boards and threads that boast what a great national brand Oregon is and yet……

Fucking delusional and always have been.

The rest of the country knows what they are after Phil sells the couch. Hell, they were lucky that Jodie Allen/Vulcans have some thing against him buying the blazers.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,279 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

Fucking delusional and always have been.

The rest of the country knows what they are after Phil sells the couch. Hell, they were lucky that Jodie Allen/Vulcans have some thing against him buying the blazers.
    If nothing good comes out of the death of the Pac we at least got this, right?