Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What band(s) stayed together too long?

El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,097
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam
I would say The Rolling Stones. Haven’t listened to anything new since 1981. Seems like they tour just to get some cash and pay their British taxes

Same with Rush. Not sure what they would do solo, but Presto or Roll the Bones was the last album I could name of theirs.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,038
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Isn't Rush done after Peart died?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too many to name.

Metallica and Smashing Pumpkins for sure.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,543
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All of them is the best answer - I cringe when I see some videos of them trying to recreate the "magic" that was once them.
    Blondie, Fleetwood Mac, others did the right thing and stepped aside when they died young, eg the Doors, the Grateful Dead although some members tried to stay relevant.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,097
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Isn't Rush done after Peart died?

To me they were done quite a while before he passed. I couldn’t name a song off their last few albums. Presto. Roll the Bones. Hold Your Fire. I could name one song at least.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,140
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Too many to name.

Metallica and Smashing Pumpkins for sure.

Metallica should have fired Kirk Whaaaamett a long time ago
  • Options
    Founders Club

The Beatles list of achievements will never be surpassed. And chief among them is quitting at the top of their game. 1970- 71 solo material suggests that the lads had, at least, another classic album or two on the hopper.

The Beach Boys are the worst offenders and it’s not really close. Some think they were still artistically relevant into the early 70s but I tend to disagree.

Is Bruce Johnston the biggest coattail rider in rock history?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Look out, the old man is into the bourbon...

It is a slippery slope with some bands, for me...the "getting ripped off by management" theme is ever-present. Billy Joel received $8000 in royalties for Piano Man...he signed away everything to get out of a shit record deal, and it hit...5x Platinum. 8 grand for 5 mm records sold...

Allen Klein owns the Stones publishing from 1963-1969...He died in 2009, and his estate still owns the rights. He didn't write, he didn't play, all he did was make the deal...Old Allen got 1.7mm lbs (HA!) for that, and the Stones got nothing...

Yeah, they haven't done anything of significance since the early 80's, and they have more money than they could ever need or want, but they like to play, and people like to pay...I've seen them five tims, and while the set list rarely changes (the hits), it is never stale (for the True Believers), and they never phone it in. WATBS, I will never pay to see them (or others of that vintage) live again. People pay big to see them for what they were, not what they are...

I see the pooont. but if I don't like it, I don't have to pay for it, and I don't...

The Stones' obit has been written for 40+ years...I was there for the initial funeral, in 1981...
    https://youtu.be/HPqpJzBHLtY
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,038
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

It is a slippery slope with some bands, for me...the "getting ripped off by management" theme is ever-present. Billy Joel received $8000 in royalties for Piano Man...he signed away everything to get out of a shit record deal, and it hit...5x Platinum. 8 grand for 5 mm records sold...

Allen Klein owns the Stones publishing from 1963-1969...He died in 2009, and his estate still owns the rights. He didn't write, he didn't play, all he did was make the deal...Old Allen got 1.7mm lbs (HA!) for that, and the Stones got nothing...

Yeah, they haven't done anything of significance since the early 80's, and they have more money than they could ever need or want, but they like to play, and people like to pay...I've seen them five tims, and while the set list rarely changes (the hits), it is never stale (for the True Believers), and they never phone it in. WATBS, I will never pay to see them (or others of that vintage) live again. People pay big to see them for what they were, not what they are...

I see the pooont. but if I don't like it, I don't have to pay for it, and I don't...

The Stones' obit has been written for 40+ years...I was there for the initial funeral, in 1981...

All the way back into the 1990s, Jimmy Walker was going on Letterman and making jokes about Keith Richards looking like the walking dead
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fishpo31 said:

All the way back into the 1990s, Jimmy Walker was going on Letterman and making jokes about Keith Richards looking like the walking dead
    Keith looks better now than he did in the nineties
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AC/DC. I think they will continue as long as Angus is alive.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

AC/DC. I think they will continue as long as Angus is alive.

They at least churn out one to two good tunes an album. Granted they all sound the same but at least it still works.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    AC fucking DC??!?

Get the fuck outta here -their last show was awesome. Every show they do is awesome.

Christ almighty.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

AC fucking DC??!?

Get the fuck outta here -their last show was awesome. Every show they do is awesome.

Christ almighty.

2023 AC DC? Bruh, are you high?

I assume the answer is yes.

• Options

dflea said:

AC fucking DC??!?

Christ almighty.

Of course I am. So what?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

AC fucking DC??!?

Christ almighty.

Of course I am. So what?
    I support these life choices.

I’ve made friends recently with some local weed barons and Yella intake is on the upswing.

Damn kids driving me nuts.
  • Options

dflea said:

dflea said:

AC fucking DC??!?

Christ almighty.

Of course I am. So what?

I’ve made friends recently with some local weed barons and Yella intake is on the upswing.

lol - you'll be like me and Bannon before you know it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

AC fucking DC??!?

Christ almighty.

Of course I am. So what?

lol - you'll be like me and Bannon before you know it.
    IFL them pre rolled lazy man joints.