Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dunking on Lincoln Riley

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oklahoma is a better system currently for Running Backs than USC. But he will always get his fill on the offensive side of the ball. However, outside of CB (Donte Williams), Riley is going to struggle mightily in winning recruiting battles on the defensive side of the ball. For how great offensively Riley's teams have been, his teams have been equally incompetent defensively.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oklahoma is a better system currently for Running Backs than USC. But he will always get his fill on the offensive side of the ball. However, outside of CB (Donte Williams), Riley is going to struggle mightily in winning recruiting battles on the defensive side of the ball. For how great offensively Riley's teams have been, his teams have been equally incompetent defensively.

Maybe I'm off on this and I'm not going to research it, but it seems like Riley has recruited defensive talent fine as a HC. He just doesn't coach them.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bottom Line…Riley saw the writing on the wall. He disappeared in the night because he already knew where OU was headed. Shit..who could blame him? USC and Southern Cali VS OU headed in to the SEC? Multi millions?

OU fan base is still raw about it but also know he would NOT be the answer to bringing them another NC at OU once in the SEC Caus DEFENSE…offense? Yeah. But you can’t win a NCS win you score 100 and the other team scores 110…pretty simple. I never got the animosity that he was gone.

So, they brought in an OU guysm with BV in Veneables, a defensive guysm from Clumpson under Dabo that’s ACTUALLY WON a couple of NCS…awesome. Ought to bode well…

Kinda where we are at with that. OU has a great recruiting class. This and next year. Still not in the realm of Bama, Ga, or even their rival, TX.

IOW, this shit is fun. Especially being a GA Dawg fan.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

Bottom Line…Riley saw the writing on the wall. He disappeared in the night because he already knew where OU was headed. Shit..who could blame him? USC and Southern Cali VS OU headed in to the SEC? Multi millions?

OU fan base is still raw about it but also know he would NOT be the answer to bringing them another NC at OU once in the SEC Caus DEFENSE…offense? Yeah. But you can’t win a NCS win you score 100 and the other team scores 110…pretty simple. I never got the animosity that he was gone.

So, they brought in an OU guysm with BV in Veneables, a defensive guysm from Clumpson under Dabo that’s ACTUALLY WON a couple of NCS…awesome. Ought to bode well…

Kinda where we are at with that. OU has a great recruiting class. This and next year. Still not in the realm of Bama, Ga, or even their rival, TX.

You should look up Pup's description of Riley during the OU Georgia Rose Bowl. Pretty much sums it up

I like the way he cussed out Pac 12 refs on TV and got away with it in Tuscon.

Other than that he's a flufflord.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2023
    haie said:

SECDAWG said:

You should look up Pup's description of Riley during the OU Georgia Rose Bowl. Pretty much sums it up

I like the way he cussed out Pac 12 refs on TV and got away with it in Tuscon.

Other than that he's a flufflord.
    If he portrayed Riley’s defense couldn’t stop a skrong team that runs the ball and could not play defense(which I know he did), he was correct.

Baker was the only difference in that game.com. If not for a generational QB in Baker, making plays…they’d been beat, badly. Kirby made the halftime adjustments and it was called “keep away”…

Or I’ll dumb this game down…run it down their throat and keep the ball out of Bakers hands…

Period. Does that resonate???