Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1001 Album Club Podcast

2»

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Or imagine VH had time in between FW and 1984. Back then a new album came out like once a year. Now people put out an album every 3-4 years

The originals on Diver Down are good tunes

Remove the keyboard songs and add the Diver Down originals to 1984 and you have another fantastic record.

Fight me!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Imagine a melded record of Fair Warning and 1984.

You can make your own track order

Mean Street
    Unchained
    Panama
    So This Is Love
    Drop Dead Legs

Hot for Teacher
    Hear About it Later
    Top Jimmy
    Girl Gone Bad
    House of Pain

Best. Album. Ever.

Certainly the best rock record of the early 80s.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jamie is crying at the lack of respect
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

Agreed, a shitty list. Too much Neil Young, Sonic Youth, and Morrisey solo. Not enough Van Halen

VH1 and 1984 are included. Not sure what else you'd have in? Maybe VHII or Women and Children.

Nothing from Van Hagar merits consideration.
    Fair Warming > 1984 imho

Nah. Fair Warning is a fun record with some great songs, but 1984 has more classic tracks overall.
    More skip tracks on 1984. Jump, Top Jimmy, I'll Wait. Also, the synth...ugh. Panama and Hot For Teacher are top-shelf VH songs, though.
    Bruh, you can’t appreciate the synths on the shitty car toys stereo in your ‘85 IROC- Z.
    Van Halen was not put on Earth to play shitty synth crap.
    I'm gonna do a best synth on a rock record pole now just for you salty, fags.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

Agreed, a shitty list. Too much Neil Young, Sonic Youth, and Morrisey solo. Not enough Van Halen

VH1 and 1984 are included. Not sure what else you'd have in? Maybe VHII or Women and Children.

Fair Warming > 1984 imho

Nah. Fair Warning is a fun record with some great songs, but 1984 has more classic tracks overall.
    More skip tracks on 1984. Jump, Top Jimmy, I'll Wait. Also, the synth...ugh. Panama and Hot For Teacher are top-shelf VH songs, though.
    Bruh, you can’t appreciate the synths on the shitty car toys stereo in your ‘85 IROC- Z.
    Rick Wakeman and Emerson better be on it

#pioneers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hell Pete Townsend and Whos Next
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

Fair Warming > 1984 imho

https://youtu.be/hsJ9YXHqnr8
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

Fair Warming > 1984 imho

Rick Wakeman and Emerson better be on it

#pioneers
    After listening to the contenders probably needs separate polls for the 70s vs 80s.