Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bud Withers: UW's Move to KOMO & What it Means

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/pac12confidential/2014/06/23/the-move-of-the-uw-from-kjr-to-komo-what-it-means/#comments-page-subtitle

I can remember, dating back decades, how the radio rights for the University of Washington were considered a golden property – No. 1 in the country. That accrued from the fact that unlike most metro areas that had been given over to professional sports, the Huskies still had a strong emotional pull for the populace of Seattle.

Good article and I like how some of the comments talk about getting rid of Huard. He really needs to go.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,889
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    I know people will disagree but losing Gasbag hurt. He wasn't Edward R. Murrow but he was fairly professional and had a few brain cells. Softy from 10-1 or whatever the hell his old timeslot was was one thing, but putting him and the other dufuses in p.m. drive is pathetic. I barely listened to KJR from 2007 until about a year ago, but it's slipped. I heard some writer filling in for Jerry a few weeks ago, and the difference was amazing. He didn't have a great voice at all but actually had informed opinions, talked in depth, and took on complex issues. He made Elise look like the Yakima Farm Report Girl (not that it's hard to do).

Anyway, KOMO can't possibly fuck this up any worse.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Tailgater with a reasonably good comment:

"Noticed how Withers skillfully managed to slime Rick Neuheisel with reference to 0-12 without threatening a mention of PC-Teflon coated Ty Willingham. There's never ending ST pride in the Huskies' Summer of 2003."
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I know people will disagree but losing Gasbag hurt. He wasn't Edward R. Murrow but he was fairly professional and had a few brain cells. Softy from 10-1 or whatever the hell his old timeslot was was one thing, but putting him and the other dufuses in p.m. drive is pathetic. I barely listened to KJR from 2007 until about a year ago, but it's slipped. I heard some writer filling in for Jerry a few weeks ago, and the difference was amazing. He didn't have a great voice at all but actually had informed opinions, talked in depth, and took on complex issues. He made Elise look like the Yakima Farm Report Girl (not that it's hard to do).

Anyway, KOMO can't possibly fuck this up any worse.

Gasbag sucked. He wasn't knowledgeable unless you want to talk horse racing. All he did is kiss ass the whole time and try to fulfill his fantasy of being an FM DJ. But yes he was professional if that matters to anyone.

The only one I can tolerate on that station is mitch. Ian can be okay but is a bit of a jock sniffer sometimes. Not nearly as bad as softy though.

Dick Fain can die in a fire along with whatever boners in sweatpants softy has on his show.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    fain is the absolute worst. Calling people fake husky fans for wanting romar fired. w...jw