Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2024 class

So how many PSAs will the staff take for the 2024 class? I'm also starting to think that they will keep some slots open for transfers, seems a good route unless upper campus permits them to play more of the $$$$ game.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My guess is they bring in 20. Even with the portal you have to have a baseline of culture guys that you raise up through the program.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was just watching the Beta Rank episode for Washington and it was mentioned how FS it is to jerk off over anything recruiting related in July.

That being said, 35 national average over two years, it's obvious that the staff needs to, and should, improve in that department.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

a Q?

CF, SE, DM, a Q?

The pom pom crowd at doogman was none too pleased with me for this. After years of being mildly bothered by that guy (jsmdawg or something like that) posting the same thread title with the same inane questions, I pointed out a few things he could stand to change about his approach. Other people would answer his questions but he'd ignore that and post it again trying to get the mods to engage. I'm not saying it should have, but it started to really bug me.

Johnb and a couple of other fags came running to his defense. I thought I was pretty nice about it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

biak1 said:

a Q?

CF, SE, DM, a Q?

The pom pom crowd at doogman was none too pleased with me for this. After years of being mildly bothered by that guy (jsmdawg or something like that) posting the same thread title with the same inane questions, I pointed out a few things he could stand to change about his approach. Other people would answer his questions but he'd ignore that and post it again trying to get the mods to engage. I'm not saying it should have, but it started to really bug me.

Johnb and a couple of other fags came running to his defense. I thought I was pretty nice about it.
    Huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

biak1 said:

a Q?

CF, SE, DM, a Q?

Huh?
    You serious?

If so, I think the poster above made reference to jsmdawgs Q? posting habits from the old days. Maybe not.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

biak1 said:

a Q?

CF, SE, DM, a Q?

Huh?
    You serious?

If so, I think the poster above made reference to jsmdawgs Q? posting habits from the old days. Maybe not.
    He's responding to the "CF" part of the "Q?"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

biak1 said:

a Q?

CF, SE, DM, a Q?

Huh?
    You serious?

Haha I never claimed to be sharp out here.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

biak1 said:

a Q?

CF, SE, DM, a Q?

Huh?
    You serious?

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,521
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Was just watching the Beta Rank episode for Washington and it was mentioned how FS it is to jerk off over anything recruiting related in July.

That being said, 35 national average over two years, it's obvious that the staff needs to, and should, improve in that department.

What's Chinteresting is that no particular coach has struggled recruiting wise under DeBoer. With Peterman, the WR coach (Brett something) and OL (Strausser) struggled some so Peterman upgraded to Junior Adams and Scott Huff.

There are a couple of position coaches who would benefit from having a good 2025 class but with NIL, it's very difficult to know who is simply getting out-bid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

haie said:

What's Chinteresting is that no particular coach has struggled recruiting wise under DeBoer. With Peterman, the WR coach (Brett something) and OL (Strausser) struggled some so Peterman upgraded to Junior Adams and Scott Huff.

There are a couple of position coaches who would benefit from having a good 2025 class but with NIL, it's very difficult to know who is simply getting out-bid.
    I'm pretty sure this is just how Deboer is going to recruit at UW until they join the Big 10. That will bring a little uptick, probably into the 15-20 range where Petersen was.

Love it, hate it, or couldn't care less, it's either win with classes ranked 25-30 or don't. UW isn't Oregon. They'll never fully commit to the recruiting game like that and will always have coaches who downplay the importance of recruit rankings. Even if Deboer were to leave soon they'd find another guy like him who is content with recruiting guys missed or slow played by the big spenders.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think I read in a Twitter feed after media day that DeBoer says they are only looking to add 4-5 more HS players. That would put the class at 16-17. Seems light. Maybe they have a plan to fund some serious portal players after this years paid players graduate or leave early.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I think I read in a Twitter feed after media day that DeBoer says they are only looking to add 4-5 more HS players. That would put the class at 16-17. Seems light. Maybe they have a plan to fund some serious portal players after this years paid players graduate or leave early.

He made that statement on Friday and either Vorel or Caple reported on it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He made that statement on Friday and either Vorel or Caple reported on it.
    I'm hoping this is a plan to leave plenty of room to plug the gaps from the small or unproductive 21 and 22 classes. The 21 Jimmy class has only seven HS players left and the 22 class was only ten HS players to begin with. They will need some mature bodies to fill that giant gap next year.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Petition to change this to the Enumclaw Truck Stop Transfer Portal Board?