Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ed Cunningham on today's Adam Carolla Podcast

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I haven't heard it yet but am looking forward to it. I hope Adam lets him talk.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Great recap as always.

Also, the fuck is a podcast?
  • Options
    BertWinthropBertWinthrop Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Ed Cunningham looks like he only weighs about 200 pounds.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The interview starts at about the 42:00 minute mark. He only talks about the UW for about 10 seconds.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm guessing the episode goes a little something like this- Adam tells a story that he's told 50 times before. Then he goes on a rant that he's made 100 times before. Then he'll talk about drinking Mangria. Then he'll say something vaguely racist. Then he'll get political with advice that will basically amount to "pull yourself of by your boot straps". Ed Cunningham will say 5 words somewhere in the middle of all this. The end.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Ed got to talk a bit about his docs but the interview could have been so much better. If only Adam had a little more humility and self-awareness. There were 2-3 times where Ed wanted to chime in and you could tell it would have been an interesting point, but Adam raises his voice and talks over him because he wants to finish telling stories that devoted listeners like myself have heard countless times to the point where it's getting mind-numbing.
  • Options

Ed got to talk a bit about his docs but the interview could have been so much better. If only Adam had a little more humility and self-awareness. There were 2-3 times where Ed wanted to chime in and you could tell it would have been an interesting point, but Adam raises his voice and talks over him because he wants to finish telling stories that devoted listeners like myself have heard countless times to the point where it's getting mind-numbing.

This seems redundant after my post.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    In the celebrity basketball game that followed, Carolla won MVP, shooting 8-9 from 3 point land, for 22 points.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

In the celebrity basketball game that followed, Carolla won MVP, shooting 8-9 from 3 point land, for 22 points.

Did he win the "pro division"?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought it was an entertaining listen. I was impressed by Cunningham. He's a very sharp guy. I had no idea he was a producer of those documentaries. King of Kong and Undefeated were both very good.

Having said that, Ed Cunningham is not that interesting of a guest to the average listener. If the guest was a bigger name, Adam would show more humility. I hear the same thing on The Howard Stern Show all the time. It's just the way it goes.

• Options
    Founders Club

I thought it was an entertaining listen. I was impressed by Cunningham. He's a very sharp guy. I had no idea he was a producer of those documentaries. King of Kong and Undefeated were both very good.

Having said that, Ed Cunningham is not that interesting of a guest to the average listener. If the guest was a bigger name, Adam would show more humility. I hear the same thing on The Howard Stern Show all the time. It's just the way it goes.

Totally disagree... If Ed were given free range to talk he would be interesting to virtually anybody. Obviously in terms of marquee he's not super appealing to the avg listener, but in terms of substance he certainly is so, given the chance.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    In fact, a radio show featuring Ed paired with Race Bannon would be highly entertaining.
  • Options

In fact, a radio show featuring Ed paired with Race Bannon would be highly entertaining.

I think it would be lacking in a certain amount of sexual tension.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Totally disagree... If Ed were given free range to talk he would be interesting to virtually anybody. Obviously in terms of marquee he's not super appealing to the avg listener, but in terms of substance he certainly is so, given the chance.
    We will have to agree to disagree. Ed is interesting to you and I, but you actually think people are interested in an Ed Cunningham interview? He's a very sharp guy, but he's far from an interesting showbiz character. Adam's show is not typically sports radio. You think Ed is more entertaining than the actors and comedians that frequently visit the show? That may be true to you, but I'm pretty certain that is not the case to the average listener.