Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time Machine concert poll

El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,101
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam

Time Machine concert poll 21 votes

Ozzy in 1981
0%
Led Zeppelin in 1973
61%
DerekJohnsonCFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonYouKnowItalumni94chuckbiak1Fenderbender123BasemanWilliams3YellowSnowRDRFishpo31 13 votes
Queen /Billy Squire
4%
huskyhooligan 1 vote
AC/DC
14%
whlinderMad_Sondflea 3 votes
Black Sabbath / Van Halen
19%
Bad_MotherDuckerEl_KBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerously 4 votes
KISS / Rush
0%

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    I was there
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,963
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    Slight edge to Led Zeppelin over AC DC here. '73 is peak Zep I think you take that over peak AC DC, which '79 was.

VH as an oppening act for Sabbath is intriguing but Sabbath sucked by the late 70's to fuck that.

Queen sucks. So does Kiss.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973

Slight edge to Led Zeppelin over AC DC here. '73 is peak Zep I think you take that over peak AC DC, which '79 was.

VH as an oppening act for Sabbath is intriguing but Sabbath sucked by the late 70's to fuck that.

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Yes and yes. Ole Yella dropping truth bombs.

I love LZ like pretty much everyone, but really don't care for their live performances. Too self indulgent and not true enough to the studio recordings for my taste. Maybe if I was there though. Who knows?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2023
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

I love LZ like pretty much everyone, but really don't care for their live performances. Too self indulgent and not true enough to the studio recordings for my taste. Maybe if I was there though. Who knows?
    That was their brand, and what made them legendary, imo

Edit: If you were a rock act in 73 and not self indulgent, you were the. Carpenters…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Kiss has to be one of the most overrated bands in rock history (hi @DerekJohnson ). And I find Queen's shtick to be so tedious most of the time.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Black Sabbath / Van Halen
    Something tells me that the AC/DC show was probably the most kick ass energy out of these, but I will take VH over all. Getting a late-term Sabbath that can play their greatest hits catalogue is a bonus.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,085
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Queen /Billy Squire
    Probably loads of clunge at Queen / Billy Squire.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Edit: If you were a rock act in 73 and not self indulgent, you were the. Carpenters…
    Well, you're right but that made them legendary because people are stupid and have horrible taste.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    Or people did mescaline in 1973 and attended concerts

Allegedly
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Love Led Zepp, but If we're going to bash the Carpenters--or Captain and Tenile--I'm out!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Led Zeppelin in 1973

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Kiss has to be one of the most overrated bands in rock history (hi @DerekJohnson ). And I find Queen's shtick to be so tedious most of the time.
    Have seen Kiss 6 times. When I was a kid, one of my moms wouldn't let me have the Kiss lunchbox I wanted but bought me an Evil Kneivel--red, white, and blue--instead. Mom didn't know best. CSB
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Well, you're right but that made them legendary because people are stupid and have horrible taste.
    Correctamundo…they were all self indulgent in the 60s/70s…the bands we still talk/argue about had (or acquired) chops and matured, while the rest are relegated to the cut-out bins of history…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Correctamundo…they were all self indulgent in the 60s/70s…the bands we still talk/argue about had (or acquired) chops and matured, while the rest are relegated to the cut-out bins of history…
    I watched some video about Cream not long ago. Clapton said their live shows devolved into Bruce and Baker showing off and trying to one-up each other so much that he'd just quit playing and they wouldn't even notice.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    ‘69, ‘72 or ‘77 Grateful Dead would be nice also.

I like ‘69 Zeppelin also.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

I watched some video about Cream not long ago. Clapton said their live shows devolved into Bruce and Baker showing off and trying to one-up each other so much that he'd just quit playing and they wouldn't even notice.
    I’m sure. Ginger and Jack continually busted each other’s balls, really competitive. I was listening to some deep Cream tracks a while ago, and I think a case could be made that EC was the third best musician in that band, and I love me some EC. They would battle, and Clapton got bored…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    Founders Club
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

Have seen Kiss 6 times. When I was a kid, one of my moms wouldn't let me have the Kiss lunchbox I wanted but bought me an Evil Kneivel--red, white, and blue--instead. Mom didn't know best. CSB
    My first concert was KISS at the coliseum in 1979 as an 8-year old. I dressed up as Gene Simmons for Halloween that year. And yes, I did secure a KISS metal lunch box.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    Founders Club
    Led Zeppelin in 1973

Queen sucks. So does Kiss.

Queen was my 2A (AC/DC was 2B).

Zep won because who the fuck wants to see Billy Squire?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

I recall reading about when Clapton first hear Music From Big Pink, he was like fuck this Cream shit, I wanna play me some roots rock. He should have formed a group with JJ Cale.

Look how happy he is here playing with Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbQ283J_NkQ
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    Founders Club
    Led Zeppelin in 1973
    @El_K you violated the terms of posting polls. Always have a Janet Reno / The Field option
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Led Zeppelin in 1973

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Queen sucks. So does Kis
    s.

I recall reading about when Clapton first hear Music From Big Pink, he was like fuck this Cream shit, I wanna play me some roots rock. He should have formed a group with JJ Cale.

Look how happy he is here playing with Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbQ283J_NkQ
    Clapton taking a back seat and grinning ear to ear while Perkins shows how it's done is pretty cool.