Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

pretty ded

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,510

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,368 Founders Club
    You're still here?

Why?

I thought you had something to prove.

It's going to take months to verify your claim. Not one sunny, holiday weekend.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    What’s the claim?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,368 Founders Club
    edited July 2023
    Bob_C said:

What’s the claim?

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1829249/#Comment_1829249
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Thomas got into Holy Cross and Yale as a result of affirmative action. He has a lot of psychological baggage connected with that. He doesn't owe it to anyone to keep an unconstitutional practice in place even if he benefitted from it.

But as the Harlan Crowe episode shows, he is also dishonest and eager to curry favor. His dishonesty is long-standing: https://greensboro.com/thomas-sister-is-no-welfare-queen/article_b0ec5042-0ac7-583b-94df-4771404be433.html

Is this actually true?

I'm going to need Oregon bros to confirm myself.
    This is what the President of Holy Cross wrote recently:

During the height of the civil rights movement, at a time when racial integration was sparking controversy on many campuses, College of the Holy Cross President the Rev. John Brooks drove around the country to personally recruit Black high school students to the college’s all-male, primarily white campus in Worcester. The 20 young men he recruited have become an illustrious group, including business leaders, a Pulitzer Prize winner, a Super Bowl champion, and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, class of 1971.

Thomas, once the beneficiary of the most overt example of race-based admissions I can imagine, will probably be among the Supreme Court’s majority in the next few weeks when it is expected to strike down the use of affirmative action in college admissions.

That sounds pretty sinister. Please keep crying and projecting more about this.
    CT is pretty scarred by getting opportunities in part because of his race. Every professional job he's had and both his higher educational opportunities all came in part because of it. He knows it and resents it. He wants to have deserved his breaks. I find it interesting; if you don't, please remember that your participation here is voluntary.
    Lol. This is exactly the kind of unhinged screed that I was talking about earlier. If only he had followed along with whatever his white saviors had told him, you'd be writing a hagiography instead.
    unhinged

sure
    Just like all your takes. As for 'participation' here, you can fuck off right now and no one will miss you.
    Stalin and I both know this place is ded without me.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1829312#Comment_1829312
    pawz said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Thomas got into Holy Cross and Yale as a result of affirmative action. He has a lot of psychological baggage connected with that. He doesn't owe it to anyone to keep an unconstitutional practice in place even if he benefitted from it.

But as the Harlan Crowe episode shows, he is also dishonest and eager to curry favor. His dishonesty is long-standing: https://greensboro.com/thomas-sister-is-no-welfare-queen/article_b0ec5042-0ac7-583b-94df-4771404be433.html

Is this actually true?

I'm going to need Oregon bros to confirm myself.
    This is what the President of Holy Cross wrote recently:

During the height of the civil rights movement, at a time when racial integration was sparking controversy on many campuses, College of the Holy Cross President the Rev. John Brooks drove around the country to personally recruit Black high school students to the college’s all-male, primarily white campus in Worcester. The 20 young men he recruited have become an illustrious group, including business leaders, a Pulitzer Prize winner, a Super Bowl champion, and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, class of 1971.

Thomas, once the beneficiary of the most overt example of race-based admissions I can imagine, will probably be among the Supreme Court’s majority in the next few weeks when it is expected to strike down the use of affirmative action in college admissions.

That sounds pretty sinister. Please keep crying and projecting more about this.
    CT is pretty scarred by getting opportunities in part because of his race. Every professional job he's had and both his higher educational opportunities all came in part because of it. He knows it and resents it. He wants to have deserved his breaks. I find it interesting; if you don't, please remember that your participation here is voluntary.
    Lol. This is exactly the kind of unhinged screed that I was talking about earlier. If only he had followed along with whatever his white saviors had told him, you'd be writing a hagiography instead.
    unhinged

sure
    Just like all your takes. As for 'participation' here, you can fuck off right now and no one will miss you.
    Stalin and I both know this place is ded without me.
    You should prove your theory.

We must know.

Right away.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,490 Standard Supporter
    Only ded things are the dazzler's brain and Vienna sausage.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,510
    pawz said:

You're still here?

Why?

I thought you had something to prove.

It's going to take months to verify your claim. Not one sunny, holiday weekend.

Wake up scudz! The Deeeep State isn’t taking sunny days off.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited July 2023
    HHusky said:

just sayin'

Why? Livin’ it up here then…I’m game.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m sad really. What are we to do without this kind of material.