Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PAC 12 MEDIA DEAL FINALIZED!!!!

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,680 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023

haie said:

Whoah. That is a horrible sign for those that want the Pac to survive.

WGAS about those idiots?
    It's the fact that shit like this has been happening for months, yet Canzano and these beavs and cougs still find a way to spin this like everything's going to be fine.

"They're just going to wait a few years to invite SDSU because they want to split the playoff money 10 ways to deal with the Comcast debacle."

Yeah, it's not because SDSU found out that they either won't have a deal until end of July or they might not have a deal that has half the remaining teams in it. If they're choosing the Mountain west it's because there probably won't be a Pac 12, and the Big 12 won't have room for them as the 4 corners take all the remaining spots.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,851 Founders Club

Doesn't matter what the Pac-12 does. The only thing we should be awaiting is an invitation to the B1G

Everything else is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

@theknowledge

Please read this how many ever times it takes to memorize all 29 words in exact order
    Sure!

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    edited July 2023
    If you ask some the of pac 12 media blowhards, the deal has been done for months, and that only minor details need to be worked out. More than finals details of course are needed, because San Diego St. had to crawl back to the MWC with a "just kidding guys, we aren't leaving yet" letter. My prediction, the deal will be close to $20m per school, with 50% being streaming. Just enough to keep the four corner schools happy for now, and just enough for Oregon and Washington to sign without a grant of rights. Of course Oregon and Washington will just wait until the B1G comes knocking officially within a year or two, or even in a couple of months from now. Either way, the Pac 10 will be dead in 2-3 years.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,909 Swaye's Wigwam

If you ask some the of pac 12 media blowhards, the deal has been done for months, and that only minor details need to be worked out. More than finals details of course are needed, because San Diego St. had to crawl back to the MWC with a "just kidding guys, we aren't leaving yet" letter. My prediction, the deal will be close to $20m per school, with 50% being streaming. Just enough to keep the four corner schools happy for now, and just enough for Oregon and Washington to sign without a grant of rights. Of course Oregon and Washington will just wait until the B1G comes knocking officially within a year or two, or even in a couple of months from now. Either way, the Pac 10 will be dead in 2-3 years.

The interwebs says pac10 schools are currently getting 33M. No fucking way they take 20M even with all things considered. They won’t get close to other conferences but they aren’t going backwards 13M a school.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,680 Swaye's Wigwam

Could be wrong but I have a hard time seeing UW/UO signing for 20 mil and an equal share of revenue.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Could be wrong but I have a hard time seeing UW/UO signing for 20 mil and an equal share of revenue.
    If you're wrong then blow it all up. I'm done, or at least I will be once Deboer leaves for real football.