Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ron Fairly is calling it now

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They suck. Starting to look like they jumped the gun with Julio's deal. Kelenic has regressed to the mean. 4 of the top 10 hitters in strikeouts are in the M's lineup. This team struggles to simply put the ball in play.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They suck. Starting to look like they jumped the gun with Julio's deal. Kelenic has regressed to the mean. 4 of the top 10 hitters in strikeouts are in the M's lineup. This team struggles to simply put the ball in play.

I was just telling my brother this last night. I think the Ms have been mentally broken in the box since they pissed down their legs against Houston in the playoffs. They're all a bunch of soft, scared pussies now who compensate with the "we all love each other unconditionally" strategy.

I'm over it. Time to reevaluate the building blocks and retool.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,500
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one is beating #MyRays and #MyBraves anyways.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I like to find someone else to pull for when my team sucks. Being a Ms fan since the early 90s has given me plenty of practice at it.

I'll pull for either of those teams in a pinch. I like the way both orgs get it done. Any team that isn't from Houston, Boston, NY, or LA is a candidate for me though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

SEC! SEC! SEC!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    chuck said:

haie said:

I like to find someone else to pull for when my team sucks. Being a Ms fan since the early 90s has given me plenty of practice at it.

I'll pull for either of those teams in a pinch. I like the way both orgs get it done. Any team that isn't from Houston, Boston, NY, or LA is a candidate for me though.
    Spent summers taking a ferry from the family cabin to Kingdome/Safeco. Remember playing against some Yankees pitcher with one arm.

Dads had a lot of loyalty to 90's braves being on National TV and having the Maddox/Smultz/Glavin #AmericasLineup thing going for them.

The Mariners, with the resources of the Giants, have just lost my attention and I owe them nothing.

Still, it's been awhile. Maybe getting my kids into it and taking them to games is a good idea.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Spent summers taking a ferry from the family cabin to Kingdome/Safeco. Remember playing against some Yankees pitcher with one arm.

Dads had a lot of loyalty to 90's braves being on National TV and having the Maddox/Smultz/Glavin #AmericasLineup thing going for them.

The Mariners, with the resources of the Giants, have just lost my attention and I owe them nothing.

Still, it's been awhile. Maybe getting my kids into it and taking them to games is a good idea.
    My son didn't become an Ms fan. Really he couldn't give less fucks about baseball to this day and he was pretty damn good at it.

He did like going to Safeco though. If he had been present in the dome days I would've never been able to drag him back there for a second game.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I heard Portland is literally vying for an MLB franchise
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I skipped school one morning in the spring of 1986 to stay home all excited because the Mariners had called a morning press conference and it was rumored that Tim Raines had come to terms with a team as a free agent. Tim Raines was going to be a Mariner!

Well, Raines re-signed with Montreal and the Mariners' big announcement was they had signed some free agent shortstop who hit sub .200 the year before.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I don't think it's going to happen.

Exodus of middle class people the last few years.

It's a 1 pro team town where college football matters more and has for over a decade.

If they move the A's, maybe that's viable with the CA people up here, but they want them in Vegas.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

It's a 1 pro team town where college football matters more and has for over a decade.

If they move the A's, maybe that's viable with the CA people up here, but they want them in Vegas.
    It seems like bizarre timing to attempt it. Portland is a hellhole.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

It was precovid and a terrible idea.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

no i read something just the other day i believe
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Russell Wilson is bringing MLB to Portland, is what I'm hearing. :D
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I was just saying that it's been a discussion for at least 3-5 years and started back when Portland was actually an enjoyable city to be in.

The fact that it's still going is pretty sad. Portland Pickles franchise is all they deserve.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I was just saying that it's been a discussion for at least 3-5 years and started back when Portland was actually an enjoyable city to be in.

The fact that it's still going is pretty sad. Portland Pickles franchise is all they deserve.
    Oh I see, got it
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    More pressing is who will be the M's manager next year? I don't see Servais rallying this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Seems like there has been talk if MLB coming to Portland since I was a kid. There was a time, maybe 15ish years ago (thinking it was around the time we'd take little leaguers to Beavers games), where it seemed to have some momentum. The problem was that Portland wouldn't build a stadium and wanted to use the old Civic Stadium downtown. That would've worked ok if you were content with 5000 average attendance.

Honestly don't see why there couldn't be a MLB team aside from the issue of a venue. Every city is a shit hole. It's strange to read statements disqualifying Portland when baseball thrives throughout the rust belt (or south Seattle for that matter). There's plenty of space to build an easily accessible stadium where the shittiness isn't even visible. That's not remotely realistic, but I've always thought that's all it would take.

Someone with a lot of money and motivation just needs to step up. I vote for @haie .
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Seems like there has been talk if MLB coming to Portland since I was a kid. There was a time, maybe 15ish years ago (thinking it was around the time we'd take little leaguers to Beavers games), where it seemed to have some momentum. The problem was that Portland wouldn't build a stadium and wanted to use the old Civic Stadium downtown. That would've worked ok if you were content with 5000 average attendance.

Honestly don't see why there couldn't be a MLB team aside from the issue of a venue. Every city is a shit hole. It's strange to read statements disqualifying Portland when baseball thrives throughout the rust belt (or south Seattle for that matter). There's plenty of space to build an easily accessible stadium where the shittiness isn't even visible. That's not remotely realistic, but I've always thought that's all it would take.

Someone with a lot of money and motivation just needs to step up. I vote for @haie .
    The Portland ownership group thought they'd get the Rays. Obviously not happening now.