Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jason Brown

Is he really going to go to Sparty? And if so, will this year end up being the first time ever that UW didn't have an in-state commit?

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Brown was originally ranked the #1 RB in the class and Ahfua was ranked as one of the top OTs. It seems that most of the west coast schools have backed off of them.

Hopefully Brandon Huffman got his palms properly greased by Tracy Ford before college coaches started actually evaluating these guys
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for the details though it doesn't totally explain whiffing on Hogan Hansen, Fox Crader, and Brayden Platt.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I could be wrong on Platt but I see another kid that developed earlier than his peers and looked like a 26 year old man as a sophomore in high school.

We've seen that way too many times with recruits coming from Washington state

Joel Dublanko syndrome?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I could be wrong on Platt but I see another kid that developed earlier than his peers and looked like a 26 year old man as a sophomore in high school.

Joel Dublanko syndrome?
    He actually had a solid college career. Cinci made CFP and he was a final cut for the hawks last year. Was on an XFL roster more recently. I can admit I was wrong. That being said spandex Olympics and cross country tours of the spandex proprietors has gotten these kids offers from programs that would have never ventured west to take a look. Reading some of the twitter tea leaves, seems that Ahfua was likely a Georgia guy, but I'd venture that ship sailed. Also, yeah, some of these kids definitely peak in 10th grade. I give Dublanko credit for working at it, and improving.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

6'2 240 as a LB screams tweener. Noah Sewell was the same way but was a much more touted prospect, and even then was pretty one dimensional as a run stopping LB
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023

Hogan Hanson was a definite take and a big miss. Fox Crader may as well be from Eugene growing up in Vancouver and Platt seems like a good prospect but I’ll believe a kid from Yelm is going to be a great college player when I see it and I’m thinking he was looking for a coffee cup right off the bat. That’s not UW at this point. Outside of a rare few, Washington high school football has produced nothing but O. lineman and TEs the last decade. I’m just not busted up over it anymore.

Went through 247 to see any OL/TE from the last 10 cycles in WA who actually turned out good:
    -Emeka Ebuka
    -JTT
    -Kyler Gordon
    -Ali Gaye
    -Taylor Rapp
    -Myles Gaskin
    -Budda Baker

7 total dudes. Lol
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

NEsnake12 said:

Hogan Hanson was a definite take and a big miss. Fox Crader may as well be from Eugene growing up in Vancouver and Platt seems like a good prospect but I’ll believe a kid from Yelm is going to be a great college player when I see it and I’m thinking he was looking for a coffee cup right off the bat. That’s not UW at this point. Outside of a rare few, Washington high school football has produced nothing but O. lineman and TEs the last decade. I’m just not busted up over it anymore.

Went through 247 to see any OL/TE from the last 10 cycles in WA who actually turned out good:
    -Emeka Ebuka
    -JTT
    -Kyler Gordon
    -Ali Gaye
    -Taylor Rapp
    -Myles Gaskin
    -Budda Baker

7 total dudes. Lol
    I'd add Joe Tyron to the list.
    If Ali Gaye is on that list then Pilsbury dough boy from Spokane that destroyed UW while at Cal was a pretty great college player and Dublanko was a starter on a playoff team. Both were misses by … you guessed it, Bob Gregory. Imagine those two added on to the 17, 18 or 19 teams. FML.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

-Emeka Ebuka
    -JTT
    -Kyler Gordon
    -Ali Gaye
    -Taylor Rapp
    -Myles Gaskin
    -Budda Baker

7 total dudes. Lol
    Dublanko was made fun of by the TBSers but would have been an upgrade at LB in recent years.

There's more than those guys, notably:

Kaleb McGary
    Andre Dillard
    Abe Lucas
    Myles Jack
    Drew Sample
    Eason and Jake Luton drafted on arm talent alone
    Shane Lemiuex unfortunately
    Taylor Rapp
    Ezra Cleveland
    Evan Weaver
    Salvon Ahmed
    Hunter Bryant (good college player)
    Henry Bainivalu (good senior year)
    Calvin Throckmorton
    Cade Otton

But holy shit once you hit like 2018 it's barren other than Egbuka, and to a lesser extent, JTT
    We were conceding OL and TE, take them out and it’s pretty sparse.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,549
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

-Emeka Ebuka
    -JTT
    -Kyler Gordon
    -Ali Gaye
    -Taylor Rapp
    -Myles Gaskin
    -Budda Baker

7 total dudes. Lol
    Dublanko was made fun of by the TBSers but would have been an upgrade at LB in recent years.

There's more than those guys, notably:

Kaleb McGary
    Andre Dillard
    Abe Lucas
    Myles Jack
    Drew Sample
    Eason and Jake Luton drafted on arm talent alone
    Shane Lemiuex unfortunately
    Taylor Rapp
    Ezra Cleveland
    Evan Weaver
    Salvon Ahmed
    Hunter Bryant (good college player)
    Henry Bainivalu (good senior year)
    Calvin Throckmorton
    Cade Otton

But holy shit once you hit like 2018 it's barren other than Egbuka, and to a lesser extent, JTT
    We were conceding OL and TE, take them out and it’s pretty sparse.
    I obviously missed that, but holy shit after 2017 the state talent at any position falls off a cliff.