Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to creep

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

#MyNittanyLions have no one.

Though in reality they should be lumped in with aTm and BYU

The second thing they have no one on

Old timers recall when the big rival for PSU was Pitt. And Maryland too.

Eastern football was looked down upon. Joe would go 11-0 and not win the natty because of schedule

They lost their rivals when they joined the B1G.
    Penn State’s pre B1G record vs Maryland was something like 35-1-1. (My wife swears she was at the tie which happened at Baltimore’s old Memorial Stadium). I guess that’s a rival. If you live the Cuog life.

But yes Pitt and Syracuse were their old timey rivals. WVU and Maryland are next on the list of the schools they’ve played the most. Penn State going to the B1G cratered the fortunes of a bunch of nearby schools which always played Penn State.

I guess the PAC 10 remnants should learn from that.
    Miami and Penn State have a rivalry interrupted by long lay-offs. Nothing like the acrimony with Notre Dame, but there's sufficient dislike between the two programs, which have played some great games.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Eastern football was looked down upon. Joe would go 11-0 and not win the natty because of schedule

Penn State’s pre B1G record vs Maryland was something like 35-1-1. (My wife swears she was at the tie which happened at Baltimore’s old Memorial Stadium). I guess that’s a rival. If you live the Cuog life.

But yes Pitt and Syracuse were their old timey rivals. WVU and Maryland are next on the list of the schools they’ve played the most. Penn State going to the B1G cratered the fortunes of a bunch of nearby schools which always played Penn State.

I guess the PAC 10 remnants should learn from that.
    Miami and Penn State have a rivalry interrupted by long lay-offs. Nothing like the acrimony with Notre Dame, but there's sufficient dislike between the two programs, which have played some great games.
    They both were play anyone independents.

I miss that. Everyone is in a league now
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Some of those are pretty good. Like UNC/UVa ... that's insightful and perhaps not obvious, but true.

Others, like Duke and Bama are stupid. Duke cares about basketball and academis. Alabama cares about football and football. Southern white upper class and southern white trash don't mix.

USC and Washington. Of course. Huskies all have a wet spot in their panties now.

Miami and Oregon? Hmm. Working on that. There may be something there.

Miami is who Oregon thought they would be

No natty ain't no 5 rings brah
    Miami white hispanic trash >>>> Eugene white power trash
    You wanna take the gloves of now J?
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023

Some of those are pretty good. Like UNC/UVa ... that's insightful and perhaps not obvious, but true.

Others, like Duke and Bama are stupid. Duke cares about basketball and academis. Alabama cares about football and football. Southern white upper class and southern white trash don't mix.

USC and Washington. Of course. Huskies all have a wet spot in their panties now.

I’m standing my ground cabróncito!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

But you don’t deny that you are, in fact, J?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,989
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Give J the badge !!
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2023

whlinder said:

Penn state had a rivalry with Syracuse for about 75 years. I remember Beano Cook telling Mitch Levy one morning that Paterno wanted Syracuse to renew a ten year contract for the series in 91 or 92 but the Orangemen would have to play 6 in Happy Valley. They told Joe to fuck off.

Edit: found this for some context https://www.syracuse.com/vintage/2018/07/they_wanted_to_hurt_us_penn_state_ends_rivalry_with_syracuse_in_1988.html
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

But you don’t deny that you are, in fact, J?
    My handlers have instructed me not to comment on this matter.